Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

godaddy at $6.95

good until end of april...take that w/ a pinch of salt.

oh yeah? even if they offer 99 cents per domain. i will not bite it. or ever recommend it. it's a bait especially if you're in other countries than US. they will just get your money and soon block you witout notice and support.

Kind of sucks renewals are still $8.95
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com

I am sure some of their resellers are pissed. Undercutting their own resellers for their own benefit, typical godaddy
    Domain Maven

Yeah, sounds like godaddy is lowering their pricing by a buck every other month. I don't see them going much lower though, and I bet this deal will last past April. They are just saying till the end of April due to marketing ploys.

This doesn't sound good for everyone else selling domains . I might as well close my 7.95 enom account and start using godaddy. hehe

godaddy rules and i dont care what bad things you guys say about it.

how are they going to earn money?

Originally posted by Freya
    how are they going to earn money?
    When you renew it.
    People may also purchase other services from them.
    Luke
    oh yeah...

Why did their price drop again? Because they have been losing customers and want to keep their market share.

Originally posted by samj
    This doesn't sound good for everyone else selling domains . I might as well close my 7.95 enom account and start using godaddy. hehe
    Why? GD -> $6.95 (intro teaser) + $8.95 (1yr renewal) = $15.90
    Your $7.95 -> $7.95 (anytime) + $7.95 (renewal) = $15.90

Doesn't compute in my book.

Originally posted by acts837
    Why did their price drop again? Because they have been losing customers and want to keep their market share.
    I am inclined to agree with you. At 6.95 they are not making enough to cover a fraction of the advertising they spend. I do not know if they sell enough useless website tonights or domain snaps to cover the difference. I also notice they raise and lower their prices daily. One day their crappy homemade SSL services was 89.95 the next day it is 49.95. I does not matter anyway I will never use them again.

Domain Maven

my last domain with godaddy is moved last night (all domains i had with them are via their backorder service)

anything with them is total loss no benefit to resellers at all
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Originally posted by dmaven
    I am sure some of their resellers are pissed. Undercutting their own resellers for their own benefit, typical godaddy
    Actually the dropped the buy rate for wholesalers to $6.25 (you can also sell domains for $6.95).
    So I'm not really sure what you are talking about.

he meant the cost for godaddy resellers is $6.75 and they are undercutting their own resellers.
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

But they lowered the prices for the GoDaddy resellers.
    At least they did for us.

Our buy rate from GoDaddy is now $6.25 (for a limited time I guess).
    So I'm not really sure how they are underselling their resellers.

Yes, they lowered the prices but they banned some countries , without noticing us.If that's the way things go...I buy the domain ,ok?Than I no longer can log into my account after I paid fopr their service.can I trust them anymore? Nope
    So I go with other registars that have the same price.

i still think there great
    other people just hat them because they are just greedy and want the compations out of the way
    so far 45 domains with no problems for many years.

I suppose you are from USA, no?Well, you will not have any problems, I guess.But I hate when I get baned, and almost loose my domains.Right?
    Before they did that I was also pleased with them. But this thing has beed discussed elsewhere so no need to repeat myself
    Good for them they lowered the price, right?
    As matter fo fact good for us

nop i am from kuwait and if they ban kuwait i'll just use my own proxy

if they ban kuwait i'll be happy

Looks like its back to $8.95. Went to purchase one and the price showed $8.95 at checkout.

sounds like there is much debate but the price sounds great. hmm will start researching more.

tehy said all april?

or its April fool ? lol

April fool.... this is good... good way to promote your services Godaddy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast