Logo design costs?

We recently contracted a logo designer, who seemed to know what she
    was doing.. The price, at first glance, seemed fine.. 3 weeks later, we've given up on her. She had bigger fish to fry, and just dragged her feet on us.

What's a realistic price to expect for an initial logo design, and a business card design from a logo designer?

Re: Logo design costs?

Originally posted by mhalligan
    We recently contracted a logo designer, who seemed to know what she
    was doing.. The price, at first glance, seemed fine.. 3 weeks later, we've given up on her. She had bigger fish to fry, and just dragged her feet on us.

What's a realistic price to expect for an initial logo design, and a business card design from a logo designer?
    Anything from $5 to $15,000. It really depends on what you want. I would say that the average online logo design price is in the $150 to $300 price range. You may strike lucky and get a great $20 logo. You may strike out and get a crap $300 logo.

You need to check out your designer. Do they have a website? Do they have a means of contact other than email? Do they have a portfolio? Is the work varied and unique? Do they have verifiable testimonials? Do they offer a money back guarantee?

At the end of the day if you do no research you end up in the lottery you have just come from.

I hope you find a designer that suits you. If you put a little effort in I am sure you will

Simon

I really think that if your looking for a good logo it would start from 80$+.

of course you could get it MUCH cheaper, I'm sure that if you would post in the offers and requests forum here, you will get a dozen people tripping one over the other telling you that they will make you a great logo for 15$.

I highly doubt that you will be happy with a logo like that.
    I dont know about you, but I cant afford to buy cheap things.

If your looking for a logo+business card a good price will be 150$-250$ for it. depending on the complexity of what you need.

Also, dont pay all at once.
    make a small down payment of 30$ or so, to show that you are serious, and pay the rest once the designer is done and your 100% happy with your logo.

Best,
    Eugene.
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

::
    Hi mhalligan

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. It's disappointing when one of our fellow "designers" lets a client down.

To echo the above comments; in general, you do get what you pay for. However, some logo designers are, at best, just kids using photoshop...which means the client will be on a hiding to nothing from the start... Even worse when they try to lull you into a false sense of security by quoting a seemingly realistic rate.

Some designers though are passionate about what they do, use the industry standard format to design logos in (vector) and you will get extremely good value for money. Don't give up on our industry...we're not all bad!
    Logo Design Vector Conversion Print
    eagleimagery.co.uk
    UK Business Labs Forum - The chemistry in B2B

Would there be any designers out there willing to help a non-profit website community though? While I'm a firm believer that no one gets anything for free, but all I'd be willing to part with is around $50AUD for a simple logo.

Hoon, place a request in the template and graphics forum.

Sorry im spanish, how many money is 1 $ AUD... i would like a translation to euros or US $

Thanks a lot , maybe i would like do it.

There is a certain user that frequents WHT that does exceptionally good logos for only $50. I mean, his logos are simply amazing considering it's only $50 dollars.

Originally posted by sergiosuanez
    Sorry im spanish, how many money is 1 $ AUD... i would like a translation to euros or US $

Thanks a lot , maybe i would like do it.
    1 Euro = 1.60116 Australian Dollar
    1 Australian Dollar (AUD) = 0.62455 Euro (EUR)

Please see Hoon's post in the templates forum, you can't make offers in here.

finance.yahoo.com/m3?u for up-to-date exchange rates btw

To do a decent job I would expect to pay $250-500. Pay up to half up front and the rest upon delivery of final files.

Well. If you want to hire high motivated professional designer you have to be ready to pay about $500.

Regards
    D.
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

I know a few very good designers that would do a logo for much cheaper than $300, nowadays designers are getting paid less because there are so much more of them.

Originally posted by gamesector
    I know a few very good designers that would do a logo for much cheaper than $300, nowadays designers are getting paid less because there are so much more of them.
    Not entirely true. There are plenty of designers that make good money, but it isn't what it used to be.

For example companies like Salt and Landor make good money doing logos. Granted, they also brand large corporations from logo to business cards, to brochures and advertisements.

it sucks that your designer just bailed on you... i hope you didnt pay 1/2 up front

like everyone else said... it really depends, $5-15k is common

if its for something like, an online website thats a content based site not selling anything, just information, $25-100

e-commerce only website (no traditional brick and morter store) - expect to pay $100-1000

if you have a real store and an online store and will be using your logo for everything from biz cards and letter head to the website and on trucks and billboards, expect to pay several thousand dollars...

if you are running an e-commerce site that is selling products w/ the logo on it, expect to pay at the very very very least $500 but most likely 2-10x that because your basikly making money on something someone else designed

there are exceptions. there are a LOT of very talanted teenagers out there who can't work a real job because they are too young and / or are looking to build their porfolios up and will do the work at a fraction of the costs

In reality (so outside forums like wht and stuff) about $1500 is pretty normal. It kind of depends on the research of your company, your branche, your style, people you want to reach etc etc. Cause that's what 'real' designers do and calculate within the price.

Online however you can have a great looking logo for about $100 where the designer puts a lot of effort in. Ofcoarse there are exeptions. Some bring a great logo for just $25 but most below $100 have really nothing to do with your company itself.

elogodesign.com does an excelent job at a reasonable rate. I used them and loved their work. $199 for a logo