Right to be upset?

I was recently with an unnamed large and respected hosting company. Service, uptime, support were great. But I couldn't afford to upgrade my account anymore and pay the $$$ for that great support.

I was billed March 26th for April and sent an e-mail on the 30th cancelling as I did not require their services for April.

I asked for a refund once I saw my CC bill and they refused. Damn, okay. So I asked for them to reactivate my account for the month so I can at least use what I paid for. No response.

This $50 USD I'm out is a lot of money to a poor college student such as myself.

They say billing dates and Cpanel are run differently. I don't know what to think.

Whether you have the right to be upset or not depends on a few things.

What is the host in question's refund policy?

Do they require 30 days notice to avoid a charge or anything similar you might have agreed to ? Did you follow the Exact official cancelation policy/procedure they use ?

I think in all fairness you should get back at the very least a pro-rated amount for the time you gave not used....but thats just my opinion, and I dont know how your host operates.

St. Louis, MO
    Time to read and re-read their TOS/AUP before you complain.
    Happily hosting @ (Since 3/2003), (Since 2004), & (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years

They responded with: "We only have a 30 day money back so you aren't elligible for any refunds."

But I still think I should have my account reinstated.

And what did they say in repsonse to you wanting your account reactivated?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Well I might be getting ahead of myself but no response in 6 hours. But they always respond within 30 minutes.

The South
    Well I'd think if you paid for April then you should be able to use April. If you can't use April you shouldn't be charged for it.

HOWEVER their AUP/TOS may state that if you terminate early there are penalties levied, did you sign a contract? If not then you can probably force the issue.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

If you paid for the month you should be able to use the services.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Did the TOS requested for prior notification upon account cancellation?