Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What you think about lunarpages.com ?

I have find one hosting plan on lunarpages.com and i want to ask everybody here what you think about this company? Is someone here how have hosting there and if he is happy ?

Thanks

Some people have already asked that question....sorry for the rudeness. If you want to search for things about a host click
    on this http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s=

Here is some info about lunarpages
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ght=lunarpages
    »» AtmoHost.com « «
    »» Simple, Reliable and Affordable Hosting Solutions « «
    »» Hosting Plans « «
    »»
    AIM: AtmoSupport MSN: Atmohost@hotmail.com ICQ: 333025140 « «

Check out their support forums: http://lunarforums.com
    It should help...
    Good luck!

You will find plenty of feedback on lunarpages by searching here or visiting their own forums.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Searching a company's forum is not always useful since they may screen posts for content.

My Lunarpages account has been responding slowly lately. I'm thinking of moving when my current contract is up, but I haven't decided on an alternative yet.

Stay there where you are. I have signup sunday on lypha.com for one year and i now i try to find them to give me back my money. 5 days now and i have no answer or any contact from them ?
    So i think lunarpages is one of the best everywhere i have read.

Searching a company's forum is not always useful since they may screen posts for content.
    True, but you can usually ask people if the host deletes "unpleasant" threads.

I have seen people here often recommending Lunarpages, if I am not wrong..
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

LP is good, what bugs me though is how they don't allow anything to be run on it! I can find an awesome script, try to install but NO..... they only have a few they will allow. It's terrible that it's like that.

Originally posted by Megadeth
    LP is good, what bugs me though is how they don't allow anything to be run on it! I can find an awesome script, try to install but NO..... they only have a few they will allow. It's terrible that it's like that.
    That really puzzles me because we have no problems with most scripts other than 2 - 3 scripts that we recommend people not to use.
    I like to help

I have been with Lunarpages for one of my websites for about 8 months. I am happy with their service.
    Top10WebHosting Admin
    Top10WebHosting.com

I think also is very good hosting service, i have change the last time 2-3 hosting and from all i think lunarpages.com have the best hosting and also fast answer on my questions.
    Ok thanks

They are good.

Originally posted by Maximiliam
    That really puzzles me because we have no problems with most scripts other than 2 - 3 scripts that we recommend people not to use.
    But those 2 - 3 happen to be among the most popular scripts on the internet.

They are quite popular yes, but not that popular. And there are plenty of alternatives out there.

Anyway, we are evaluating the newest versions of mt and vbulletin, the author of vbullentin assured us the newest version is less resource intensive than previous versions.

We are very flexible. But we are also looking after our customers and would rather be safe than sorry. And it is not like we are searching out our servers trying to find any offending scripts that are already there. But if they cause any problem, we will let you know.
    I like to help

Originally posted by supermagnet
    But those 2 - 3 happen to be among the most popular scripts on the internet.
    What 2-3 scripts are we talking about here? Curious.

IMO they are a pretty good hosting company

MoveableType, especially the mt-comments.cgi and vbulletin versions previous to 3.0
    I like to help

Is there anything in particular about the scripts any potential LunarPages customer should be aware of? I am considering becoming a LunarPages customer, but it would be good to know what kinds of problems in scripts I can look for so I won't end up having parts of my sites being closed down.

@stevietheman: i think they don't support sendmail, movabletype, vbulletin, that's all. Anything that's very resource intensive and threatens other users. If you are unsure, you can PM Max about the scripts you want to use just to make sure.
    Mobile phone news blog + free downloads (wallpapers, ringtones & themes): Mobile Phone Portal - mobile9

OK... Well, at any rate, I hope they supporting sending mail, even if it isn't via sendmail. Otherwise, operating a discussion board wouldn't be feasible.

I just told you guys the only two scripts we do not want to see on our servers are MT and vBulletin. Even though they will work just fine if you upload them like any other script you will upload.

Exept the two above listed scripts we support everything else, including sendmail and anything else you can think of.

I hope that is a clear enough answer
    I like to help

heh, yeah, there are several complaints about how resource intensive MT seems to be.....try b2evo or wordpress for an alternative blog.

thanks

Cool i am already a new custommer LP seems to rock...

WHy is it that all the lunarpages posts are started by new users with like 1-5 posts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast