Pixel Seven problems

My site keeled over this afternoon - or rather my account was seemingly suspended.

I tried to access the pixel seven helpdesk, but there's no DNS. Same goes for their website. Anyone know what's going on?

I can't access www.pixelseven.com from here.

This could be the reason:
    Record expires on 29-Feb-2004
    Record created on 28-Feb-2002.
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

I'll give you a little more info and see if anyone can diagnose what's going on.

1. My server account is based on jonnyram.com - going there now pops up a suspension error notice, or similar.
    2. My secondary domains are game-science.com and finalfantasyxi.org - both of which redirect to jonnyram.com and come up with an error.

I can FTP to jonnyram.com but my access is denied when I enter my usual username and password.

Now, to make things more interesting... I have been receiving emails for the past few weeks from a company called Crown Internet Services. I'd never heard of them before, but the email said "please go to this page and fill in your credit card details or your account will be suspended on April 1st". I ignored them, because they seemed like spam and besides the demand to fill in payment information, there was no other information contained within. The scary thing is that it is now April 1st and from the symptoms, it looks like my account has, indeed, been suspended.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I have searched the net and can't find any connection between pixelseven and Crown Internet Services. Also, I received no email from pixelseven to say their service was stopping. Surely it's not an elaborate April Fool's joke.

Help!!! :O

Well it seems like crown internet services have taken over pixelseven, but it is odd that they didn't renew the domain so they could put up a notice telling people what was going on.

Your best option right now is to contact them, but don't just hand over your card details right away, make sure they do actually have control over your site, and check that they are not going to suddenly start charging you a huge amount more than you were paying before.

Or, if you have access to your domain, and a backup of your site(s) somewhere, mabye look at moving somewhere else, you could be backup in 24 hours.

Thanks.
    I'll see what I can do.
    I've got another provider lined up, but haven't fully moved across yet, so I guess I'll lose about 3 weeks of data if I can't get access to my old account.

I'll try! Thanks again for the help.

You shouldn't loose any data, there's no reason why they shouldn't let you get a backup if you tell them you've moved somewhere else and don't need the account anymore.

They may not give you access to do it yourself, but it would take them 5 mins to backup your site and mail it to you.

Hi There,

Sorry for not posting a reply up here sooner. Our domain registrar is giving us grief with renewing the domain (as you notice).

You can contact ME personally via PM on here, and I would be happy to address any questions anyone has.

Thank you
    Sean

And to comment on Crown Internet.. John and his team are working with our clients to ensure that all billing related issues are handled carefully. We can assure you that there will be no dramatic changes.

Again, please contact me via PM if you have any comments or questions.

Sean

Sean, please contact me in regarding my account.

Sean, we've also been trying to reach you. Please contact us.