Managed.com Pentium 4 box paid through April 25 -- asking price of $50

Hello,

I am looking to sell my Managed.com server that is paid for through April 25. The asking price is $50. It was purchased with the intent of hosting a Battlefield Vietnam gaming server for my clan. However, I realized that Managed.com's servers were hosted on the west coast only after the server had been bought and paid for. As almost my entire clan is located on the east coast, I'm looking to dump the server and purchase one on the east coast, where we will hopefully get lower pings (which is oh-so-important in ladder matches ).

The IP address of the system is 65.75.139.10. There is a Battlefield Vietnam server running on the (default) port of 15567. Feel free to ping, traceroute, or play on the server to get a feel for how it runs. So far, it seems to run well, with extremely low pings to those on the west coast. When we had 26 players on it the other night, the average ping of both teams was in the 30-40 range. We've seen many players with sub-30 pings (and even a fair number of sub-20). Support has been prompt and friendly. When I e-mailed a small question to their support department last night at 9 PM EST, I had a response within seven minutes.

The system is the $85 P4 that Managed.com offered, which is currently out of stock. The specs are as follows:

• Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
    • 1 GB DDR
    • 120 gig hard drive
    • 1000 GB transfer per month

The box is currently running Gentoo Linux on a 60 gig partition, of which only 1.1 gigs are used. It originally came installed with Debian 3.0, which remains on a 7 gig partition. The remaining 48 gigs on the drive are unpartitioned. The Gentoo install is running the 2.6.4 kernel, and was made from stage 1 with full optimization for the P4.

I realize that trying to sell something with my first post may look somewhat fishy. I'm afraid I can't do much to allay your concerns on this matter. I'm a longtime reader of WHT, but this is the first occasion I've ever had to post. The best I can offer is to visit my clan's website at da-shiz.net, where I have been registered under the same name as this account for several years, and have a few thousand posts. If you wanted to PM me there, I'd be happy to confirm that I am the same Micand. Thanks for your time!

I'm very interested in it. How can I contact you?

The server is still available at $50.
    Last edited by Micand; 04-04-2004 at 07:38 AM.

and howmuch does it cost monthly?

My guess would be $85/month based on the quote "The system is the $85 P4 that Managed.com offered, which is currently out of stock." from the initial post. But I'm not the seller, so I can't say for sure. Looks like a good deal if it's still available.

Originally posted by Dayvid
    My guess would be $85/month
    Correct. It is indeed $85 per month.

The asking price of the server has dropped to US$40. Please PM or e-mail me if you are interested.