Another Scam Company unlimiteddisk.com

Yet another scam company out there.
    Take a look at the BEST offer on the web . . . NOT!!

My friend got a plan from them, got his account deleted within 2 weeks, no money, no reply from owner, but his company is still taking new accounts.

I can't belive people buy from companies that look like they are run by a 16 year old.

RESELLER ACCCOUNTS
    - Unlimited Space
    - Unlimited Bandwidth
    - Unlimited DOMAIN HOSTING

Only $39/Month

unlimiteddisk.com

they are a reseller of http://imagelinkusa.net/ i think...
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

I did a look, I am pretty sure they are through Ev1servers.net

Yup, actually, someone posted on the ev1 forums about this... and they essentially just don't care this guy is scamming people.
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com

Yeah hosted through ev1servers.net

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Is unlimited bandwidth the same as un-metered bandwidth?

No
    - unlimited means that there is NO LIMIT so you can use 10 TB
    - un-metered bandwidth is that they don't keep trace of bandwidth

Anything with the words "unlimited" and "bandwidth"or"storage" should sound the warning sirens

Originally posted by HostXL
    - un-metered bandwidth is that they don't keep trace of bandwidth [/B]
    So does that mean I could use all the Bandwidth I want?

So, the Bandwidth listed here is Unmetered...but not Unlimited http://www.hostxl.net/index2.php?Page=Plans

So, you don't watch it, but sell 70 Gb for $5...its not metered but there is a limit. Oh, my head is reeling from all all the "technicalities"...

ev1

They don't offer unlimited bandwith

Originally posted by nipl
    So, the Bandwidth listed here is Unmetered...but not Unlimited http://www.hostxl.net/index2.php?Page=Plans

So, you don't watch it, but sell 70 Gb for $5...its not metered but there is a limit. Oh, my head is reeling from all all the "technicalities"...

That is where I was going with this.

To my understanding "un-metered" means I can use all I want, same as "unlimited". Same poop, different pile.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Let me be the first to suggest 4 brand new technogeek words for the "we are not unlimited, but unmetered bandwidth" crowd.

1] UNwatched
    2] Untamed
    3] Openended
    4] Freeflow

See, already it looks even less cunning...I love the FREEFLOW personally Would look great with those cute TM signs at the end.

Unmetered means they do not measure.
    Unlimited means infinite.

Slightly different.

no, there IS actually a limit when it's un-metered. Thats why you have to read the hosting's TOS...
    [ www.wnportal.com ] From starters to experts, personal to enterprises, wnportal.com is for everyone! Try it yourself.

Unme

This are deceiving marketing BS. First there is a limit even if the server has 100 MB full wire speed connection you will have some kind of limit which is 750 Mb/m. You can do the calculation yourself. From that point if you say unlimited you should be able to make 10 GB or 10 TB or 1000 TB and if you cannot achieve this you might try to sue them

yea mochahost, though you said 100mbps commit and none of the elcheapos can afford $5000 for 100mbps transit.

They just peddle their teeny-weeny 10mbps connects as Unmetered....put 200 accounts on it...and it sort of averages out to a whiny 50kbps per account. And that's not exactly Mach speeds

Of course, if we take the assumption that 190 of those 200 accounts are not going to use their accounts at all, then we get a great average BW availability of 1mbps, which is close to 300 GB Bandwidth per user. So, only problem in this is making the rest of the 190 users stop using their accounts. And that part is simple...suspend/delete the accounts and don't answer support.

Unlimited = you are free to use as much as you want of what little bandwidth they have.

No, BigGorilla, that would be unmetered.

Yes you are right

I just love these unmetered/unlimited debates.

Originally posted by amusive.com
    Yup, actually, someone posted on the ev1 forums about this... and they essentially just don't care this guy is scamming people.
    Why should they? I'm sure it's not that they don't "care" i bet on a personal level headsurfer is not the type of guy that likes seeing people get ripped off, but why should they do anything about these type of hosts if they are not breaking their T.O.S?

When a few sites come along one day that decide to take full advantage of the unlimited claim EV1 gets to bill for big $$ in overages.
    Hyperconfused (™)

Originally posted by Loon
    Why should they? I'm sure it's not that they don't "care" i bet on a personal level headsurfer is not the type of guy that likes seeing people get ripped off, but why should they do anything about these type of hosts if they are not breaking their T.O.S?

When a few sites come along one day that decide to take full advantage of the unlimited claim EV1 gets to bill for big $$ in overages.
    Well, first, I never said they SHOULD, I'm just saying somoene posted there asking them to boot them, and they don't feel they should.

Second, it's different if someone is taking cash and then just stops providing service in a few weeks despite being paid for a year. That is theft.

Domain

I got a domain at unlimiteddisk.com. and now the sites down. anyone know where I can get access to my domain stats. So I can change my DNS?