Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Goodbye WHT. It's been fun.

Well, this will be my last post here at WHT.

Thanks to everyone for your input, arguements, opinions over the last year. I have really enjoyed it.
    In the past I have defended the new owners here but I can see that I was sadly mistaken.

To all those who said WHT was becoming a joke, I fear that your were correct, especially when it comes to the ownership.

How these guys got to where they are boggles the mind.
    I do enjoy it here a lot but I will not be insulted by the likes of Gabriel C. Murphy.
    Sorry Gabriel, but you are laughable. You attitude toward members of this community is abhorent but you seemingly don't give a damn.

Your replies in this thread http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...5&pagenumber=3 show you have no regard for your membership, and since you chose to break your own forum rules ie: "We take the do not be rude rule very seriously", then I guess you are indeed a hypocrite as well.

If you really fear from our "behavior" that we are selling your personal information, you are a fool.
    I recommend you grow-up and back-up your statements with some facts. You have a respectible number of posts here at WHT. I hope your other posts have had more meaning and truth to them....
    My posts have all of the backing they need and I believe is encumbant on you to prove them wrong. You claim I lied about the content of your newsletter, but I suppose I have 60,000+ witnesses with the same email who can back up my statement.

I doubt that this thread will be alive long as most threads that are negative toward Inet get closed very quickly, unless one of the inet employees decides to re-open it to impart some of their wisdom.

Once again, to all of you in the WHT community, thanks for all the fun over the past year.
    This is truely a shame I feel the need to leave, but I guess I will have to go hide out somewhere else.

And by the way Gabriel, I did check this post before pressing submit.
      0 Not allowed!

Blue,

Eventhough I find most of your political views wrong I still think you are a great person and a valuable person to WHT. I hope you have thought about this decision because I'd really hate to see you go.
      0 Not allowed!

I agree with you on some points Blue27 and you will be missed. I agree it wasn't much of a newsletter containing any information about webhosting it was to entice its users to subscribe to the premium services. I hope you will take the time to consider posting at http://www.httptalk.com it hasn't been around much, but it seems to be a rapidly growing community. I do feel this community is becoming one where in order to post you must subscribe or have the features of a non-premium account stripped down bare naked.
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks Blue, you have always been honest with your opinions and at the same time professional. It seems that many long time forum members are leaving. I'm sure iNet doesn't mind because they have 60,000+ more to make up for the very few members that contribute positively.

One of the turning points it seems the rules are becoming lack, report a report that clearly breaks the rules and it won't get fixed for days. WHT is still great though, the non-paid staff here are friendly and knowledgeable and try to do the best they can.

As for the newsletter I use forwarders for each account/service I sign up with. They sell my address i'll know about it and cancel that forwarder.

Originally posted by blue27
    To all those who said WHT was becoming a joke, I fear that your were correct, especially when it comes to the ownership.
    Don't look for a way out.
      0 Not allowed!

Blue: I fear there is nothing I can say to make you stay. However I will say that you will be missed. Your thoughts and enlightening discussion topics have always provided us all with great insight and were a staple of WHT. In my opinion, you have been one of the best "regs" here at WHT. I understand your decision, and as such, choose to accept it. I just want to make it painfully clear how sorely you will be missed here at WHT.
    Thanks for the times, live the journey, and most of all, have fun wherever you may end up.

May good times lie ahead,
    Royi Hagigi
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    MSN=xshare101@hotmail.com
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.
      0 Not allowed!

blue, youll be missed, the posts ive seen out of you have been pretty relevant and i know to read and respect what you write in most cases!
    jubba joo!
      0 Not allowed!

no!!

hope you change your mind - I too have enjoyed some spirited discussions with you.

Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

You can't leave. We need you.
    Promethyl Corporate.
    Webhosting and Development.
    http://promethyl.com/
      0 Not allowed!

Do moderators here really work for free?
      0 Not allowed!

Screw the politics, stay for the discussion
    Richard W. Kelly
    Hello & Co! - It all starts with Hello ! 1-888-88-HELLO
    HelloandCo.com | HelloHost.com | HelloHost.co.uk | HelloDomains.net | HelloDNS.net | HelloServers.com | Hello-Designs.com | HelloDev.net | HelloSSL.com | HelloPay.us | eHello.net |
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by I, Brian
    Do moderators here really work for free?
    Yes, Out of the goodness of our hearts.

-Steven
    https://www.ihnetworks.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Tata in One Wilshire, Los Angeles! Enterprise Datacenters around the world, including Amsterdam, Singapore, London, and the United States.
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location
      0 Not allowed!

Wait a minute... It's april fools in Australia... is this a joke?
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    MSN=xshare101@hotmail.com
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.
      0 Not allowed!

Do you really think the mods should get paid? psssh.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by insiderhosting
    Yes, Out of the goodness of our hearts.

-Steven
    I think with all the money that Inet makes with the advertising, premium accounts, showcases, and hostlead you'd think they could afford to pay the moderators at least $50 - $300 / month. In my view its a greedy to do business leeching off good folks who spend their time browsing these forums.
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

blue27 please don't go

* ´¨`*:·. .·:*´¨` * ~ X-Max ~ * ´¨`*:·. .·:*´¨` *
    I love Wikipedia.
      0 Not allowed!

A lot of the comments I would have like to have made, were made by wolfstream. However, I must say, as an admin, Gabr* should have kept a level tone and not insulted his clients.

I for one, will be unhappy with the members jumping ship over this one.

Further, I am displeased the thread is now closed. Censorship is not an option. Well, it is here, but it shouldn't be.

TIA/.
    Promethyl Corporate.
    Webhosting and Development.
    http://promethyl.com/
      0 Not allowed!

I'll have to agree with Royi, and say that I enjoyed reading some of the conversations you've had with sailor and others. Nothing else to really say, but I will be in and out of your forums, probably more often once they're active.

Reading over that paragraph I realize how dreary it sounded, but eh.
      0 Not allowed!

Awww...and you just came back, dont leave so fast
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...
      0 Not allowed!

One of the turning points it seems the rules are becoming lack, report a report that clearly breaks the rules and it won't get fixed for days
    Are you sure about that? I check nearly every report daily and most of the time a Liaison or one of my fellow leaders has already grabbed it. Sure, we go hours, but usually not much more than a day.
      0 Not allowed!

Blue we've had our ups and downs and you will be missed. I'll have to pick someone else to have arguments with I suppose. Big shoes for that person to fill.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?
      0 Not allowed!

Blue, you will be missed, your 6000+ posts were invaluable.
    I read what Gabriel posted, and it seems like a kid posted it.
    It was not very professional at all.

Remember, Arguind on the internet is like running in the special olympics..
    even if you win.. your still retard*d
      0 Not allowed!

Best of luck to you blue, always have enjoyed sharing discussions and reading your posts. I hope you will reconsider, as you have developed quite a fanbase on here...I can't remember anytime in the past year where there wasn't a bunch of votes for you as Member of the Month. Anyways, cheers.

Regards,
    Waylon
      0 Not allowed!

It is a shame it has come to this, however I can see your points.
      0 Not allowed!

Bye Blue
      0 Not allowed!

blue

Sorry to hear you may go, but after reading the thread you furnished it's understandable.

I want to especially thank you for providing that link. Gives me some very good material for a book I'm writing "PR blunders for the terminally insensitive - How to Make a Mountain out of a Molehill."

OH, and I want to thank Gab and Ryan, for those great quotes. Without people like you my book won't be possible.
    You'll get fewer complaints from over performing than from over promising.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast