Doomsday Bible Thumping Cults

Jesus said,"happy are the pure in heart'.This means that i am brutally honest.

I'm Danny Haszard from Bangor Maine USA.Former member of the abusive,Kingdom hall of Jehovah's witnesses Rockland Massachusetts USA.

Exited out 1-5-92 was in for 33 years.I was 3rd generation,so they still are holding most of my family hostage.The Watchtower swindled most of my family assets,left me destitute at first but i have recovered much.

The worst thing that high demand destructive Bible based cults do to their victims is they 'soul rape' you so you become angry at God.

It's been called."surrogate displacement" rage.You become 'mad at the world' and it takes a long time to recover.

The anguish and the agony of having to renounce the lifelong convictions of one's heart.The surreal horror to know that it was all a lie!

{Note:}

What forensic psychologist say about cult leaders like Jim Jones and David Koresh.They are control freaks who will never abdicate control.They will choose death by suicide or a fiery fight to the very end.We can indeed see a comparison with the arrogant watchtower cult.

I like cookies.

other then that I have no idea where that post you made came out of, what made you post it here and out of the blue like that?

and what on earth are you talking about?
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

I have a freind whose parents were deeply involved with the Mormons, a similar Bible based cult, they were pretty high up in the ranks as well, and realized the lies they were being fed. They left and are now strong Christians who are fighting the Mormon church, denouncing their lies, and trying to free their friends.

I'm saddened by the fact that people can blindly follow twisted lies that are so clear once people realize the truth. I hope that you have not given up on God, but can be reconciled with Him. Because He still is truth, as is His word, the Bible. But some people take His truths and skew them for their own benefit. A sheep standing in a green pasture may look pure, but once it starts snowing, you'll realize how dirty the sheep really is.

Originally posted by websterworld
    I like cookies.

other then that I have no idea where that post you made came out of, what made you post it here and out of the blue like that?

and what on earth are you talking about?
    He is saying that he used to belong to the Jehovahs Witness Religion, which is really a Pseudo Christian Cult that twists the Bible to say what they want it to say. The reason why they are pseudo christian is because they claim to be Christian when in actuality they are not. They are similar to christianity, but do not beleive the same fundamental truths, and have altered the Bible.

Mormonism is another pseudo christian cult.

Mormons. Ah.. don't get me started. I grew up in utah being a non mormon. Talk about being regarded as an evil little bastard even though I never got into any major trouble :/..

oh, its a god/religion thread. great.

amish_geek, Q for you:
    They left and are now strong Christians who are fighting the Mormon church, denouncing their lies, and trying to free their friends.
    great, their super-heroes now... but what makes you think that they are in fact right?

what if the Mormons *ARE* right and their church is wrong? what if islam has it right, or maybe the jews? or the guys that do it the buddah way? maybe there are still people in the world who believe in pegan gods for all you know... hey, there are even people that actually dont believe in god! *shock*

but then again, all of those people are probably terrible sinners that are going to hell if they arnt going to repent like your friends did, right?

yet your friends were mormons once upon a time.
    and at the time they thought that they were doing the right thing, as they think now.

so I guess if they wouldn't have realized all the "lies" that were fed to them they would have gone to hell... and NOW they are good people?

no.
    they are exactly the same as before.

think about that.

(I'll go now before you throw something at me and call me the devil... religion threads are really not for me I guess. I repent, I repent... )
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

My grandmother is a Jehovah's Witness. I never understood their point of view; it was always so warped. Same as Mormonism; just a twisting of the Bible.

Regards,
    Waylon

Hmmm... all I can say about either is that they are the only groups that ever knock on my door.