Hybrid View

Dot5Hosting down 1 week+

Last Wednesday 24 March, Dot5 began transferring several of its servers to new colo at ipowerweb.

Websites were not available for 4 days. Websites that had a homepage other than index.html (eg. index.htm, index.php) had a generic webpage inserted. Some websites are still not available in any way.

Access to the following services are still not available 1 week later:

Mail accounts
    FTP
    MySQL databases
    Control panel

etc.

The 'techs' supply numerous excuses. (For several days the blamed all problems on DNS propogation, although new DNS info was propogated within 48 hours of server transfers.) Now they are appealing for understanding, and promise availability within the next 8-12 hours (these promises repeated every day ad nauseum).

Of course no prenotification of the intent to change servers was given.

In my life I have never seen such a continuing balls up. I can't imagine any server access problem of such magnitude it takes 7 days to correct.

The latest dialog:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
    All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
    You are now chatting with 'Tech'
    Tech: Welcome to Dot5hosting! How can I help you?
    you: Do you have any further updates on the availability of FTP and control panel services etc.
    you: I am reseller on NS11.
    you: With 12 angry customers who can't access their email.
    you: all with new IP address: 66.235.196.40
    Tech: Currently there is problem with the site administrator control panel and ftp
    Tech: Please try after 4-5 hrs as our techs are working on the server hosting your site
    you: Do you know that I have received precisely this answer for the past 5 days?
    you: That means I have tried more than 15 times as you have suggested.
    Tech: sir we are fixing the problems
    you: Your determination to persevere does you great credit.
    you: I will certainly keep trying every 4 - 5 hours as you suggest.
    you: My hope never fades.
    you: You instill great confidence in me.

Dot5 makes you cynical...

Heh i bet that same response is still in their clipboards =P

Today's email: now they suggest 'all will be fine' 24-36 hours from now, not 4-5...

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent email.

Sir i can understand the frustration about the site issue. Our techs are
    working round the clock to get the issue fixed and the sites are going to be
    back to service in next 24-36 hours.Please bear with us in this situation.
    Your patience is appreciated. Please be rest assured that your sites will be
    up and running fine.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions you may have
    regarding this matter. You can reopen this ticket or open a new ticket for the same.

Regards,
    Dot5hosting Support Team

Still dead. Ftp was up briefly a few hours ago, however wouldn't accept current login details, now it's down again.

nemonoman: and why are you still there? forgot to backup your files locally? I bet when you can get your files you will be gone huh?

Have set up new dedicated server with angelnetworkz.net. Very very helpful service from Donna and everybody.

It appears that dot5 servers have been receiving mail for several days; I hope to retrieve it.

I'm pretty good with backing up my own files, but my 82 year old irish aunt hasn't backed up hers .

Any way, now https: control panel is up, but logins don't work.

While http: is down.

It's DAY 9!!

All the test e-mails I sent to my account hosted on dot5hosting bounced.

My e-mail account hasn't worked for 7 days... I just managed to get my account cancelled using LiveSupport.