Bandwidth 10Mbps?

Which is better?
    If this 10mbps is gonna be shared with possible thousands of other servers or getting a dedicated line of about 512k?

Boston, MA
    If your talking thousands of servers I would purchase a commit of 512k.

You figure 512kx2 is about a 1M

If each server used about 512K it would run out of bandwidth at around 5 servers. So if there is thousands or even hundreds and the pricing isn't that different order the 512k commit.
    Axcelx Technologies - James
    Boston Colocation | Boston VPS
    Massachusetts Server Colocation and Dedicated Servers

Rialto, CA
    is the 10mbps line known to be shared with other servers or are you just thinking it might be?

whos the provider?

You should just ask the provider if the 10Mbps is dedicated to you and/or guaranteed to always be fully available.

If not, ask them how many other users share it, and if they have any sort of contention control -- as in, are you guaranteed any certain amount of throughput?
    Sitelutions: -- Reliable Hosting, Low-Cost Domains, Dynamic DNS
    InfoRelay Online Systems, Inc.:
    Bulk Bandwidth Pricing, Unmetered Servers, Unbelievable Affordability -- Locations in: Ashburn, Los Angeles, Chicago, Reston, San Jose, Dallas, New York, Washington, DC.

that 10mbps is shared for sure. So I guess it depends on time when it's less busy etc, I usually only get about 20k download speed. It might sound unreal, the the provider says the 10/100Mbps is shared among tons of servers.. I know there are also a number of gaming servers. I personally prefer to with the dedicated 512k.

Not to deviate from the question, but couldn't you just find a company that doesn't make sure share the port?

10Mbps bandwidth for a single 'customer', the isp might charge quite alot lol I would have love that if it wasn't for cost lol.. the 2 sample I stated was comparing between 2 similar cost packages. But maybe I should try find out the cost for a 10Mpbs

Rialto, CA
    $300-$1000 depending on quality.

Corning, NY
    blythe, if you want help finding deals like that you might should leave some contact information, since your email and PM doesn't work.

I would recommend They have some great co-location deals and are flexable. Their support is fairly decent, have a superb network, with oustanding bandwidth carriers.

I second that, they have a 2 ring answer by human SLA on their support phone number, now that's just the beginning!