Thread: FDCservers.net

FDCservers.net

Im thinking of getting a dedicated server there? I just want to know what your experiences with them are!

The server that I want is:

- AMD XP 1400+
    (actual speed 1ghz)
    - 512MB RAM
    - 80GB HDD 7200RPM

- 100Mbit port
    - 5Mbit unmetered connection
    - XO, YIPES, Cogent backbones
    - BGP4 routing protocol
    - FREE IPs (arin rules)
    - UN-METERED bandwidth
    - no overage fees
    - setup within 8 hours

I would most certainly recommend utilizing the search feature and looking at some threads which have been posted in regards to fdcservers.

Largely it seems they are the clearest answer to the previously rhetorical question "How bad could it be?"

FDC Has had just as many horrible reviews as Managed.com.

Apparently their network IS getting better, but I still wouldn't go with them. I wouldn't trust anything important of mine on one of their servers.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Maybe not the best choice if you want to host others sites on that machine.

Hello,

Please click here to search the forum for them:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...der=descending
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, M1 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

FDC has been great over the last 4 months. Check out the outage section and you will find many managed.com threads and no FDC threads.

Also FDC has a forum.

Originally posted by music
    Also FDC has a forum.
    A forum which is highly biased.
    [AIM]: BhAaD99 :: [ICQ]: 79048062 :: [MSN/eMail]: [email protected]

But better than NO forum at all .

their not bad since their uptime has been improved lately however the speed and support (highest priority takes long time especially when you reply the ticket for second time) is still not good but i think this wouldnt be a big problem.

Been with then 2 months and i am VERY happy, there was a problem with the server i bought but that was fixed the 3rd day

Hmm im thinking of FDC or CTN1

Any experiences with CTN1?

And if you know other 5/10mbps unmetered bandwidth servers. please pos tit here.

can moderators please stop "music" from posting on FDC? everything he says is postive... such bias

Originally posted by a-m
    can moderators please stop "music" from posting on FDC? everything he says is postive... such bias
    what's wrong if he is a FDCServers fan?

Originally posted by a-m
    \

I have been with FDC for over 1 year and they are certainly improving. They have some very smart technicians and also offer free remote hands. Their network is a problem of the past and has been great for us over the last 5-6 months.

Can current customer tell me if you can sustain 10mbps at anytime or only at non-peak time?

when they unplug your server double charge your credit card and ignore your emails, come back here and say how you rate them

Here are some of the network issues FDC's customers are dealing with.
    If you check the thread posts carefully, you will notice the FDC tech support saying they are having network issues.

BhAaD

If they are so bad then why not just cancell your service and not use them?

music,
    I have already answered that question, and since you seem so keen in going through my posts and commenting on every date and time i made a comment on FDC, you can go use the search feature to figure that out yourself.

And in regards to my post, I was only informing based on proof.

I would like to see how long that thread remains up on the fdc forum.

From what I understand, FDC has gotten alot better ( no I am not one of there customers, but one of my best friends does use them)

www.fdcservers.net/speed.file

This file downloads at a very good speed for me ( 376kb)

I've been a fan of FDC. For the price it's an amazing deal. I have servers pushing 8mbit/sec constantly, for only $150 a month. Downtime is rare, and if there ever is a network problem they get right on it. The free techs are great. Overall it's an amazing service for the price, but for the price expect certain slowdowns, network issues, etc. although there hasn't been anything I'd call major.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

We had 3 servers with FDC and had no problems at all.
    Connection and speed was ok back then when we were on Yipes lines.
    Billing was well organized and support was great.
    No complains. they are ok provider.

Been with FDC for 1 year now. I'm happy with the service. I'll agree that the network has definately improved over the last few months.

I thought about switching once due to pricing (my server is getting a little old) a while back click here and I got a PM from bummer666. He offered to adjust my rate. Cool Beans.

Support has been good, with only 1 hickup for me. There was some confusion with sales and myself when I decided to have the os reinstalled with cpanel (didn't have cpanel before) and it took a bit longer than normal for the licsence to kick in.
    Last edited by jdhs; 04-02-2004 at 08:12 PM.