Dedicated Server and Colocation Billing Software

Hello,
    I've been looking, and just can't find one. I need billing software that would work well for dedicated servers and colocation, would be nice if it worked for dedicated lines as well. What I would like is something made for this purpose, something that a user could login to and view their billing history, process the payments via Authorize.net, and it would be great if it could automatically calculate bandwidth overages from MRTG's, etc. It would also be nice if through it a customer could directly request and upgrade, etc. Anyone know of anything for this?
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

i would check out ModernBill....its has alot of the features you want I belive.....
    Luke Moran
    WebHostingChat Friendly Webhosting Guide

Modernbill is a buggy piece of s* ftware .....

actually, no its not. We are just getting ready to launch our dedicated and colo program, and modernbill (with some modification) does exactly what we want.
    ии Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ии
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

Originally posted by cMark
    actually, no its not. We are just getting ready to launch our dedicated and colo program, and modernbill (with some modification) does exactly what we want.
    Just look through the MB forums. We are using it since 2001, well.... anyway...

Good luck...

They bug reports arent very consistent. The only bug I have experienced so far is the order form caching bug which was fixed by adding 2 lines of code.
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!

I've really only heard of Modern Bill used for shared hosting, does it really work well with dedicated hosting and colocation?
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

Works fine for us.

Although if you want your customers to view bandwidth usage and mrtg graphs then you will have to do some custom coding.

Is there really an interest in this?

So do you manually have to enter bandwidth overages, etc.? If so, is it easy to do, etc.?

Originally posted by Neo3Net
    Is there really an interest in this?
    Yes. I would pay for some custom coding or an addon to modernbill that makes it more friendly to Colocation and dedicated companies.

Aaron
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net

I would definately pay for an addon, if it actually did what I wanted it to do :-)

modernbill sucks

I can't believe modernbill is so popular. are there no decent billing packages out there?? Modernbill can't be considered real billing software. It's lacking such basic functions... paying for multiple invoices at once, recharging declined credit cards, simple billing for miscellaneous services.
    NewServers Utility Hosting
    http://www.newservers.com
    Low Hourly Billing for Dedicated Servers

I would think a billing system for dedicated and colocation would be a great product, I would be interested in sponsoring this sort of project.

We've used MB for 2 years for resellers, dedicated and colocation. It could use some feautes, like every piece of software made, but it does the job fine for us.
    SiteSouth
    Atlanta, GA and Las Vegas, NV. Colocation

Site5's solution...

Hi All,

A while back Site5 ran into this exact same issue. At the time, I sat down and laid out plans for an intricate system that combined shared hosting, dedicated server and co-location billing with customer management and network scanning/monitoring. I have been overseeing the development of this system for more than a year now, and it's coming along very nicely.

To anyone out there who remembers BillAdmin (one of, if not the first WHM/Cpanel billing package commercially available), this system will replace BillAdmin's shared hosting billing functionality as well as provide a whole new range of features related to network management (which includes dedicated server/co-location bandwidth tracking and billing).

The system is currently about a year away from being ready for commercial licensing (at least the network module is; the shared billing module and system base may be ready before then). At this point, we are still taking suggestions for the network module, so if anyone has an idea of the kind of functionality needed, please do let me know.

Hope to hear everyone's thoughts!

Matt
    Matt Lightner - http://www.mattlightner.com/
    - First initial to the last name at the mail service provided by the world's largest search engine
    - Founder and CEO (Former) Site5.com, sold in 2008
    - Really honestly wants to be a good WHT citizen but can never remember all the correct etiquette. Mods, sorry in advance