* [JOB OPENING] - Experienced/Knowledgeable Tech Support Position OPEN!!!

Frozen Web Hosting is looking to higher an experienced technical support employee with moderate experience in the following areas:

-Basic Linux server administration skills (good knowledge of SSH, adminstrating from the command line, etc.)
    -Extremely good knowledge WHM/cPanel (common problems and questions)
    -PHP
    -MySQL
    -HTML
    -Excellent troubleshooting skills
    -Use of proper English and professional in conduct (very important)

Hours expected to work: 8AM to 2PM PST or 12PM to 6PM PST (most of the time you will be idling on your computer, doing whatever you please).

Tasks to be done:
    -Answer trouble tickets
    -Answer e-mails
    -Answer forum posts
    -Sit on a live chat
    -Relay major server problems to admin
    -Perform small tasks the admin may require

The work load is expected to be light, so we will be paying out $100 a month give or take. Payment can be made via PayPal or money order.

E-mail us at [email protected] with your full name, WHT username, contact information, location and timezone, which hours you would like to work (from the choices above) a resume, and a list of skills or experience that you think we should know (sell yourself). If you wish to IM us, please send us an e-mail first.

Posts on this thread are of course, also welcome
    Last edited by Shaw Networks; 03-31-2004 at 02:54 AM.
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

May I ask how many days a week this person must be expected to work?

Would you be able to verify receiving my resume, I know the email was short but I was on my way to college

6 hours a day at 5 days a week at approx 4 weeks a month for $100? That's under a buck an hour, isn't it?

.83 cents an hour to be exact.

lol

ebradsha, are you kidding, arent you ?

$100 a buck you wont get anyone with the qualifications you need.

just a very noob to work for you

Originally posted by maxihost
    lol

ebradsha, are you kidding, arent you ?

$100 a buck you wont get anyone with the qualifications you need.

just a very noob to work for you
    This is WHT
    He might just get someone to work for that much, possibly someone from a Country in which $100/mo is pretty good money
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Obviously this will not be solid 6 hours of working. As I stated in my first post, the hired employee will be free to do as they please on their computer for the majority of the 6 hours. I handle plenty of the support requests myself, so the work load would be very light.

EDIT: I suspect that the employee would not to do more than 1-2 hours a day of actual work.

so more like 2.50 - 5 an hour if my math is correct...
    Anyone looking to get serious about tech support would be able to setup 6 - 10 of these $100 / month deals, and work an average 8 hour day, 5 days a week, and make a decent 10 - 12 hourly if they were good at what they did...
    Someone with real flair could do twice that with prefab responses a. la. FAQ if they handled enough larger companies, and built their list of jobs slowly...
    Besides, if you don;t wanna work the job, don;t apply... LOL

I think usually $100 a month is quite a good offer for people in webhostingtalk, I have seen people do a lot more work for less than $50 a month.

As usual it depends where you are from.