Thread: Servermatrix

Thumbs down Don't go with SM if you care about your business.

2 hours and 31 minutes - still waiting for reboot. Called them 4 times. "We're working on it, should be up and running any second now" - yet 1 hour later It's still down.

Ticket: 209963PLNT

it could be in fsck process

I don't think it's fsck. After 1 hour it went back online for 2 minutes and then back offline. Since then 1.5 hours passed. Ticket not updated. Hardware problem on the NEW box?

Ask for the SLA.
    They would give you a discount

Originally posted by ThinkSEO
    I don't think it's fsck. After 1 hour it went back online for 2 minutes and then back offline. Since then 1.5 hours passed. Ticket not updated. Hardware problem on the NEW box?
    it seems to be. what don't you give them a call again to check out what's going on instead of keep calling them to reboot?

I'm not calling them for reboot, I'm calling them to find out what the hell is going on! but no one seems to know. they keep telling me - Jeff is going to check into it and we will update the ticket when he gets back. Same story for almost 3 hours now. It's not normal.

I have a Totalcontrol server with bad block on the second drive.
    A few days ago, It took almost 3 hours to come online again.
    They did a FSCK and a DiskIntegrityCheck.
    Depending on the problem, It takes a long time.

Problem solved -- bad CPU.
    The odd thing is, this is a brand new server, just 2 months old.

Next time I would think of a better subject name ...
    How's my programming? Call 1-800-DEV-NULL

Already notified admins of the subject change. I agree.

Hmm sounds weird I have had top notch ticket responses lately some times less then 10 minutes! I think there support is getting better.

Jeff
    Xoopiter.com:: The new standard in Web Hosting

Thread title edited, might want to exercise a little "anxiety control" before jumping in and hurling propaganda!

It happens. heh. Wish it wouldn't, but it does.

I got a server at SM too.
    Their service is not perfect, but acceptable...

Haven't heard that one yet..... Bad network card yes, Bad CPU no...

I'm new to ServerMatrix and have been with them for a bit over a week. Took one day for the server to be ready, and everything was great (I had custom partitioning and they did it exactly the way I requested without a complaint!).

Had to ask them to reboot two times because after my shutdown -r command, the server would not come back up. Turns out the BIOS was stuck waiting for an F1 key press. They fixed that.

Something was wrong, either a loose cable or a bad port on the switch, but my network link would drop periodically. They fixed that too.

I asked them to add reverse DNS for me, and that was taken care of in 15 minutes.

Tonight I'm unable to route out through their connection through AT&T. I'm able to reach the rest of the Internet, but certain places such as Hotmail and MSN which is routed through The Planet's AT&T connection, those are cut off from me. Weird part is, their traceroute tool on their web site was able to get through, so it's probably something involving my IP blocks. The ticket's escalated and I'm waiting for a response.

Overall, there were a couple of bumps in the road. Average ticket response times were about 25 minutes with the exception of my network problem (two hours and counting). I'm pretty happy with them so far. Even though there are problems, they've been able to handle it better than some other dedicated server companies I've worked with.

Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing after this! If everything goes well I'll be getting a second server with them pretty soon!

I think we all need to cut them some slack, posting here does not really do anything to solve your problem.  People here tend to love SM, overall I believe they are a very good company, sure they have their growing pains but every company does.

Derrick
    ResellerEdge.com - High Quality Reseller/ Multiple Domain Hosting.

I posted my message here not to get help or badmouth ServerMatrix, but to give people more information when they're making their decisions. I found the varying opinions on this website extremely useful when choosing a dedicated host.

I don't want people to think ServerMatrix is without problems, or that they take days to respond to tickets. They've been pretty good to me so far.

Edit: I also want to add that they fixed the network problem within an hour after they escalated it. I'm pretty damn happy about their response times.