Thread: Sue spammers :)

Sue spammers :)

---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.

There is a family close to where I live (kitchener, Ontario is where they are) who is being sued by yahoo for sending millions of spam emails heh

Looks good to me Dan. Think of the time and money they cost people on the whole
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting

I do not support spam, however, AOL's behavior is way out of hand.

First, its pretty bad publicity to publically announce that you're going to try and take someone for all they have -- regardless of the reason.

Second, they have taken to filtering e-mails containing certain words that appear in the invoices we send out as a company. This is a policy which is in the process of backfiring. Since they're not going to allow our e-mails to pass, its now part of our policy to advise customers against using AOL e-mail boxes for any purpose.

Originally posted by DeathNova
    Second, they have taken to filtering e-mails containing certain words that appear in the invoices we send out as a company. This is a policy which is in the process of backfiring. Since they're not going to allow our e-mails to pass, its now part of our policy to advise customers against using AOL e-mail boxes for any purpose.
    Same here, I am a developer on a very large website which has over 112K active members and on the registration page there is warning which is displayed if you are a AOL customer which explains our situation with AOL and recommend they use an alternative email account for registration such as hotmail etc.

50% of our userbase is from the States so there are plenty of AOL clients using the site.

I had to assist a client in taking over their domain, and so created a GoDaddy registrar account for them - figuring that GoDaddy has a decent pricing structure, and telephone support for when it's needed. The person didn't receive the initial emails from GoDaddy, however.

Guess where this client's email was hosted?

(Once they created a free email account, they was able to receive the emails, take over their domain, and be quite happy with the situation.)
    Lesli Schauf, TLM Network
    Linux and Windows Hosting: Scribehost

Originally posted by DeathNova
    I do not support spam, however, AOL's behavior is way out of hand.
    I'd have to disagree. Spamming is out of hand. Sue them until they're living on the street as far as I'm concerned. They only keep doing it because to date they've been able to get away with. That needs to change. I have in no way been an AOL fan in the past, but hey, they have the pocketbook to front this ... least I can do is support them on it.

Matt Walters
    http://mattwalters.net/ - Weblog

mxlogic.com rox for spam
    I like to help