Thread: Nocster

Nocster

How are they? I like their $60 month server plans/

Put simple, they used to be good. Had a huge outage a few weeks back. Became good again.

Tech support is excellent too
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    5sterling.com & 9dollars.us - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

Indeed they are great.
    --

Wow they must be good just found out you can use paypal.

theyre good because you can use paypal?

Originally posted by Mrdredd
    theyre good because you can use paypal?
    Lol, thats what I was thinking

5sterling.com & 9dollars.us - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

Just hope their network dont go down once I order a server from them.

They must be good, a couple resellers of theirs said so

A search or a browsing of the host down forum would give you less biased results, probably. I'm not saying they're bad, either.
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com

Just to clarify, I have never resold a Nocster server and do not have any plans to in the near future. I just used them for a long time and still have a backup server there and am very happy with the service

Sorry, should have clarified: my comment is directed at everyone but you

Nocster nearly killed my business with constant "never their fault" outages.

One hellish week of my life was wasted moving all my client's sites away during whatever brief uptimes I could find.

It is my understanding that Nocster and Burst continue to have a single point of failure in that their entire data centre is connected to the rest of the world by a single, not-backed-up, fibre line. Their actual bandwidth connections are 133 miles from their data centre and all traffic flows between there and the DC over that one little line.

Nocster is a discount service. You get what you pay for. If I needed a place to host a site for my grandma, I would go there. If I was running a business I would shop around.

Sorry for the harsh truth, but I am still quite pissed at how their idiocy/lack of planning cost me a week of my life and nearly my whole business!

I'm sure some WHTers with "Burst" in their nicks will have other comments.

Originally posted by sightz
    Nocster nearly killed my business with constant "never their fault" outages.
    See, I don't think he's a reseller.

Actually, there are a fair number of burst haters, but there are also non-resellers who do stand by them.

I had problems with them in the past, but I think they've come a long way since then. Some of their pricing certainly is tempting.

nocster ... waiting for a refund .. but they aint replying ...

<<nocster ... waiting for a refund .. but they aint replying ... >>

As mentioned in your other (one of many on the same subject...) post, you are not due a refund. NOCSTER does not offer refunds for cancelling service in the middle of a biling period.

Please contact our customer service dept if you need assistance/clarification with this...

Originally posted by spherehub
    nocster ... waiting for a refund .. but they aint replying ...
    can you say c h a r g e b a c k ???

Have you even read why he wants a refund? You think he legitimetly deserves one?

I am saying that the credit card system provides a mechanism for those who pay for a service and do not receive it or it is not as represented. How that pertains to the merchant's TOS, and whether those Terms of Service are recognized as legitimate by the issuing bank is something that would be considered during the chargeback process.

Since you asked, if someone used my service for a single day and realized they had made a mistake, I would be fair about it.

Webhosting is a far call from dedicated servers.

It takes time for a tech to re-install, re-provision the server.

Originally posted by sightz
    I am saying that the credit card system provides a mechanism for those who pay for a service and do not receive it or it is not as represented. How that pertains to the merchant's TOS, and whether those Terms of Service are recognized as legitimate by the issuing bank is something that would be considered during the chargeback process.

Since you asked, if someone used my service for a single day and realized they had made a mistake, I would be fair about it.
    Sightz - You obviously haven't been in the dedicated server business yourself, nor do you have good concepts about how the business works. You're simply someone who (like many people on WHT) suggests chargebacks as the solution to every issue. Burst's CEO already told the person with the issue to contact their customer service department to resolve the issue.

I really dislike people who think they know what they're talking about, but really don't .

If a chargeback is issued at Burst for this situation, it'll just create more of a hassle for Burst, and won't do anything for the person charging back (As this would be an easy chargeback to reverse). A contract and TOS were agreed to upon signup.

-Josh