Thread: Logo Design

Logo Design

examples are a must.. why not post?

advise

You should have some sort of experience before trying to sell your product.

Clients are not very intrested on people that call themselves designers whose experience is zero.

My advise is to create some logos of ficticious companies so clients can get some sort of idea of your skills.

good luck!
    Francisco Gonzalez

[email protected]
    http://www.bigkoala.com

^ Very good advice!
    Logo Design Vector Conversion Print
    eagleimagery.co.uk
    UK Business Labs Forum - The chemistry in B2B

i agree
    CEO Pixabit, Inc.

Re: advise

Originally posted by implemento
    You should have some sort of experience before trying to sell your product.

Clients are not very intrested on people that call themselves designers whose experience is zero.

My advise is to create some logos of ficticious companies so clients can get some sort of idea of your skills.

good luck!
    I agree with implemento as well. I am a designer, but my client list is short because I recently re-started my company. I had talent, and I knew this, but no one is going to want a designer that has no examples of what he designed! So I went ahead and made a lot of designs for made up companies, and as of right now, those are what make up my portfolio.

http://www.tripixels.com/portfolio.htm

There is one design on there that is going to be put to use by a client, and that is for the clan hosting. And that project was a freebie because it was for my brother.

If you want to build your portfolio for actual companies, then you can do a couple freebies, or EXTREMELY low priced jobs. $30 is not extremely low priced, especially not on sites such as WHT. WHT itself is actually really famous for GREAT $10.00 designers, but I dont find this a virtue, at all. In my opinion, people that charge so little for their services are (remember, this is my opinion) ruining the web design market. I'd venture to say that 9 out of 10 of these designers live at home with their parents and haven't graduated high school yet, so they really have no real bills to pay. I'm not hounding the young designer, I'm also only 18, and I'm a senior in HS, but I need to earn money to pay for needed expenses.

Okay, back on track, build a portfolio.