Business Checking

What is a good bank to get a business checking account in the US? I live in PA.

I would love to get a free business checking account, what is a good bank.

I saw Wachovia offers free small business checking, are they any good?
    Golden Globe Hosting | It's Time To Get Online.
    www.goldenglobehosting.com
    info@goldenglobehosting.com

I use Wells Fargo for my business checking. I'm pretty sure they are a national chain of banks.

Wells Fargo got me my business bank account when I began. I havent had any problems with the account. Just be sure to look elsewhere for merchant accounts. The lady who signed me up even waived the fees forever because she liked me/the business plan. Whichever it was, I didnt care!

Greetings fellow Pennsylvanian:

Call your local chamber of commerce. They often have business start up guides.

You may also want to call your local (geographic local) state representative; they often have start up guides for starting a business in your state.

Both guides often have sections on business banking.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

I always like your local credit union. Free, plus you get interest on your accounts.

Originally posted by DoMeric
    I always like your local credit union. Free, plus you get interest on your accounts.
    Problem with most Credit Unions especially here, they do not support/offer Business Accounts. The best that I have heard that some will do is offer it as a DBA and not in the Business Name alone.

But other that once you're in good with the CU you can do anything

Bank of America if there is one near you
    Jamie
    RadicalV.com High Velocity Hosting Services - Since 1999
    Hsphere Linux & Windows Hosting ~ Automated Reseller Plans ~ EasyApp Collection

Charter One Bank offers a business account called "TBC Totally Free". They have a presence in PA

Bank of America just merged with a big east coast bank. They are really good, and have awesome online features. I have been using them for quite a few years.

usually its the bank closest to my office. If you find one that is great to deal with please let me know. I have used Wells Fargo and Bank of America and havn't been impressed with either. The only benefit of Wells Fargo has been that because I have done everything through them (personal, checking, merchant account) they occassionally give some sort of special when you sign up something knew. But customer service is only okay.

If you've heard of them: Fifth Third Bank

I'm really not suggesting them. They are the largest super-regional bank, I believe. Their policies are enforeced annoyingly to a point and they like to charge misc service charges. We have an account with them on "totally free checking" with some money management services (ACH, accurately), though we have never been charged the same amount for the service. Their representatives have never been able to give our CFO a clear reason on why we have been charged. When the time is right, we will be moving away.

Bank of America has been good for one of my personal credit cards, not a problem so far--I don't know for business banking, though.

We'll probably go to open an account with Bank of America, Bank One, Wells Fargo, or Centurion. All of them seem to sound like good banks.

Richard

Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania is great. They recently had an offer for no minimum balance of or any fees for that matter on Business Accounts. If you're small and also wish to have a business name DBA (Doing business as) they can adhere to your needs as well.

Best of luck.
    - Tim

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brevig
    [B]If you've heard of them: Fifth Third Bank

... Their representatives have never been able to give our CFO a clear reason on why we have been charged. When the time is right, we will be moving away.

Precisely why I went with Key Bank.

Not sure if you have Huntington Bank near you but their business products look very competitve in Michigan.

Originally posted by Touchdown
    Not sure if you have Huntington Bank near you but their business products look very competitve in Michigan.
    I used Huntington for some personal banking when I lived in West Virginia and their service was awesome. The staff members in the banks were mostly well-informed and helpful and their call center (I think it's based in OH) was even better.

I didn't have a single problem with them at all throughout the entire banking relationship.
    VOIPO - VoIP Telephone Service

Originally posted by AaronV
    Precisely why I went with Key Bank.
    I've known a few companies that went with Key Bank. They seemed pretty good as well. Only went with Fifth Third originally as they had more locations in the places we wanted (at the time being both West and East Michigan). Aren't they just a regional bank, though? I've not seen them outside of Michigan.

Richard

US Bank offers free business checking and even has incentives, cash back or points towards stuff. No minimum monthly balance (a plus!) but allows only 150 transactions monthly and .25 for additional?

Fidelity also has free small business checking, $100 minimum deposit to open, no minimum balance or maintenence fees, 150 transactions .25 for additional, free online bill pay etc etc.

Hope this info helps, I myself might go with US Bank.