WDRP compliance email

Just received the following:
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Important Notice: Please Verify Contact Data for your Domain Name(s)

Dear Domain Holder,

This message is a reminder to help you keep the contact data associated with your domain registration up-to-date.

As of Mar 31, 2004, we are required by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) to send you this reminder by the Anniversary date of each registered Domain Name that is subject to the terms and conditions of that organization.

Below is a list of domain names with your email address listed as the registrant or administrative contact. The current contact information associated with the domain may be verified by following the link provided.
    If any of the contact data is inaccurate, it must be corrected. If the contact data is accurate, no further action is required to comply with this notice.

Please remember that under the terms of your registration agreement, the provision of false Whois (contact) information can be grounds for cancellation of your domain name registration.

Domain Names with Anniversary Dates between April 1 and April 30

Name: Registration Date:
    ------ -----------------
    Several names and URLs to (aparently) view info.

Thank you for your attention.

Sincerely,

WDRP Compliance
    This appears to be legitimate, yet I've never had one before today. Anyone else seen this yet?

yes, enom auto send those emails from time to time to their customers to verify the info.

i get them all the time.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

goto www.enom.com/help click on the help system you will see its one of hte famous questions there.
    http://smb.attenza.com/frontend/mess...?MessageID=369

WDRP emails are legitimate communication from eNom to domain holders about the WHOIS information attached to domain names. ICANN mandated this communication. eNom has chosen to white-label the communication to protect reseller customer relationships.
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

I see, thanks. Wonder why this is the first one I ever received..

maybe you just your domains Anniversary Dates ?

Those E-mails are annoying.
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com

Originally posted by Bashar
    maybe you just your domains Anniversary Dates ?
    Anniversary date.

When I first started getting them I did a double take to make sure it wasn't a D**A type of scam that tries to get people to transfer their domain.

My thoughts exactly.

first time i saw it i mistook it for UDRP

these legit emails are just a pain, and i got another today now that you mention it.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

LOL..I simply replied with a F U Scammer note.

If Enom want's us to reply they should make VERY sure that THEIR name is somewhere in the email and not from some unknown url. Never heard of WDRP.

Please remember that under the terms of your registration agreement, the provision of false Whois (contact) information can be grounds for cancellation of your domain name registration

Can ICANN take away domains from owners just like that.
    Any1 experience such nightmares before??

I also got an email this morning, i've never recieved one before, i havent clicked any of the links, one the website, of WDRP it says:

Welcome to the Whois (contact) information verification site.

As of October 31, 2003, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) requires that a reminder notice be sent to the registrant by the Anniversary date of each Domain Name registration that is subject to ICANN's terms and conditions. Thank you for responding to this notice. For further details regarding ICANN's requirement please visit http://www.icann.org/registrars/wdrp.htm

The current contact information associated with the domain is displayed below. If any of the contact data is inaccurate, it must be corrected.

Please remember that under the terms of your registration agreement, the provision of false Whois (contact) information can be grounds for cancellation of your domain name registration.

Notice the bit i've highlighted?

This is the email:

This message is a reminder to help you keep the contact data associated with your domain registration up-to-date.

As of Mar 31, 2004, we are required by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) to send you this reminder by the Anniversary date of each registered Domain Name that is subject to the terms and conditions of that organization.

Below is a list of domain names with your email address listed as the registrant or administrative contact. The current contact information associated with the domain may be verified by following the link provided.
    If any of the contact data is inaccurate, it must be corrected. If the contact data is accurate, no further action is required to comply with this notice.

Why the difference of dates? it cant be a type too different for that.. i've had domains for years, why only now do i receive this email? why no word of this before hand? i've never heard of this company, nor seen the url..

Michael

Wink

Originally posted by kohashi
    first time i saw it i mistook it for UDRP

these legit emails are just a pain, and i got another today now that you mention it.
    Me too lol...

Got a bit scared for a moment.

Originally posted by ArtieFishill
    LOL..I simply replied with a F U Scammer note.

If Enom want's us to reply they should make VERY sure that THEIR name is somewhere in the email and not from some unknown url. Never heard of WDRP.

they can't use their name, they are emailing EVERYONG including your customers, so they want it to be as much anonymous as possible.

they would do a thing like the renewal notice and send it from our My Info settings like"my company name <[email protected]>"

would be better

Originally posted by silhouette
    Please remember that under the terms of your registration agreement, the provision of false Whois (contact) information can be grounds for cancellation of your domain name registration

Can ICANN take away domains from owners just like that.
    Any1 experience such nightmares before??

yes me one of my customers refused to put his real info so enom just deleted his domain since the FBI was after him

yes me one of my customers refused to put his real info so enom just deleted his domain since the FBI was after him

so what about if I just state one's company's info? acceptable??

and ...U mean FBI is after your client??

eah if the enom uses ur info to contact ur customers like the renewal notices, that fine i think

and yeah they WERE after him, his domain is cancelled now dunno what happend to him lol

Good to hear about this, I haven't received any but will watch for them. (I've gotten similar notices from godaddy though).
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com

It seems ICANN will start cracking down on incorrect whois info:

http://internetnews.com/xSP/article.php/3334181

I also got an email yesterday for one customers domain, via DirectI, although the whois info is actually valid, so waiting to hear back from them on that.

I think the big registrars will comply with this but i bet many of the smaller guys wont unless forced to.

even if your whois info is valid you'll still get emails, since they are automated and as reminders.

they can't use their name, they are emailing EVERYONG including your customers, so they want it to be as much anonymous as possible.

they would do a thing like the renewal notice and send it from our My Info settings like"my company name <[email protected]>"

would be better
    I agree as I did a double take on it as well, and it simply is just written like a scam email, not to mention we all tell everyone NOT to trust things like this. Have it coming from the ETP, just like renewals. Silly that it doesn't.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken