Question Is OneFusion hosed for good?

Since my reseller hosting account has been down for nearly two weeks without a response to my trouble tickets, it's clearly evident to me that OneFusion is done with me. I've managed to obtain back-ups of most of the data, but since MySQL is down I'm unable to capture the databases that are being used by two or three of our customers.

Thing is, we know several other people who are hosting with OneFusion on other servers are their sites are still up! They're getting billed (of course) and have experienced no downtime.

My question is, does anyone know if OneFusion is going out of business or have they just hosed one or two of their servers and chosen not to respond to anyone who is hosted on them? Is anyone else hosted on OneFusion that is still online? Lastly, does anyone get responses to trouble tickets and if so, would you be willing to submit one on my behalf so that I can get them to copy the raw MySQL files to my directory?

Yes, I'm desperate...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=254237

This was just posted today

User complaining about support from OneFusion
    John Diver
    CanaryHotspot.com - Canary Island forum and information
    InternationalChatForum.com - International Travel Chat Forum and information

That's interesting. That leads me to believe that the server is down, they don't know how to fix it and have no intention of trying. Bad support is an understatement.

So I guess that means they're still in business, but just don't do business very well. If anyone else has any input they can throw in, that would be helpful. I'm just trying to determine how badly I'm screwed here. I'd like some clue as to whether or not OneFusion will ever be reachable again before I tell my customers all hope is lost. Any additional feedback is welcome.

Thanks all!

This sounds like a fib. I use Cpanel on my own servers and don't have any trouble. Here's what OneFusion says after nearly two weeks of silence and no technical support:

Dear Customer

I thank you for bringing up the issue to us. Firstly, let me assure you that ONEfusion is committed to providing quality service and stability to all our customers. However, the recent turn of events regarding cPanel and their buggy software has caused many web hosts worldwide to experience downtime and service instability. We have been trying to work out these issues with them since the very start of problems last week but they have not released any stable releases of cPanel or patches to fix the problem until today.

As a valued customer, we definitely understand your situation when things do not go right and that they cause you negatively. Would you be interested in considering shifting your accounts to a Plesk-based hosting server? We have been running these services for the past year and have had very good uptime figures for all these servers.

Do let me know if this is an option you would like to consider. I am at the same time also monitoring cPanel for a bugfix to the many issues facing us, and will have them patched up as soon as they release a fix.
    Matthew Phua
    ONEfusion Support Team

I get same mail,
    but nothing happens.
    For me looks like no hope.

Re: Is OneFusion hosed for good?

Originally posted by Zonk579
    Since my reseller hosting account has been down for nearly two weeks without a response to my trouble tickets
    Two weeks is absolutely unacceptable. I'd recommend that you switch immediately. I use both cPanel and Plesk, and although cPanel is buggy, none of our servers have had any major issues. There were several minor glitches, but that has been fixed.

Yah, sounds like buck passing to me. What is this huge cpanel bug that caused their server to go offline for days? There is none. We also run both and both have quirks and both are fixable when they break.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Originally posted by NexDog
    Yah, sounds like buck passing to me. What is this huge cpanel bug that caused their server to go offline for days? There is none. We also run both and both have quirks and both are fixable when they break.

Yes what exactly is this "Worldwide Cpanel Bug" that has all of the companies systems down?

Granted Cpanel has a multitude of errors and mishaps, none ever keep a server down for more than a few minutes if an experienced administrator is working. No bug has every dropped a host server to its knees UNLESS it occurred when noone was working and there was not true 24x7 monitoring.

Sounds like a scapegoat.
    - Tim

There is no such thing as a Cpanel bug that can keep a server completely down for any length of time. I can see a Cpanel bug where pop3 doesn't work, or where you can't use Cpanel/WHM, but that sounds like a cop-out excuse to me.

We have a bunch servers running cpanel and none are down or have been down because of a bug in cpanel . Somebody is buck passsing.

Re: Is OneFusion hosed for good?

Originally posted by Zonk579
    My question is, does anyone know if OneFusion is going out of business or have they just hosed one or two of their servers and chosen not to respond to anyone who is hosted on them? Is anyone else hosted on OneFusion that is still online? Lastly, does anyone get responses to trouble tickets and if so, would you be willing to submit one on my behalf so that I can get them to copy the raw MySQL files to my directory?

Yes, I'm desperate... [/B]
    hi, a month back, my accounts were hit by a 3 day downtime. during the downtime, i looked around for another company, once it came back up, i got this new company to go in and move all my accounts out. I had a bad feeling so i also moved all my domains out to my own directi account.

true enough, a week later, the onefusion servers were hit again by a 3 day downtime. this time, i had already moved out so i was lucky. my frens' servers at onefusion never came back up and no response either. he has probably lost lots of customers, plus control over some domain names.

if u are still looking, i can recommend my new host. they have live icq access and also they know what OF servers look like and can smoothly move your accounts out as they've had experince with mine. PM me if you want their details. I dont want to post it as that would be advertising i think.

good luck.