google thread of the week #45 - personalized googling
    google personalized faq
    What is Google Personalized web search?
    Google Personalized web search delivers custom search results that are based on a profile you create describing your interests. For example, people with an interest in the outdoors will see different relevant sites for a search on "bass" than people who are interested in music. Google Personalized web search is currently available in test mode on Google Labs, where you can create and save your profile and see results tuned to your preferences. Your results can be instantly rearranged by dragging a slider at the top of the page to go from no personalization to full personalization or anywhere in between.

That's pretty awesome. How does it do that?
    Google has developed new algorithms that dynamically reorder results by weighting the interests you enter in your profile. When you move the slider, it recalculates and rearranges the results to add more or less emphasis on your profile information.

Sounds good, I'll check it out
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Interesting, want to learn more about it though.
    Advanced Forum Hosting
    Easily build a community today!

Seattle, WA
    I've tried it, kind of interesting... actually made my search results worse though.
    Jim Reardon - jim/

Originally posted by
    I've tried it, kind of interesting... actually made my search results worse though.
    Exactly what I was thinking

But not a bad thing if there is a ONE-CLICK option to ignore your profile and run the very same search on the screen your personalized search results are displayed for a query