Custom Components

Do you install any custom component requested by client? eg: some asp components, etc.

Have you ever rejected some requests? And under what circumstances will you reject?

I would say it depends on each case. Server load would be my main concern in such a case. On the other side - I would not install all known components in the beginning either. Do research and ask others when a certain component is request.
    Web Hosting Resource Kit - Web Hosting Reviews & Hosting Tutorials

We install components if they are not going to affect other users and if they are not too time consuming to setup/maintain.

If someone wants heavy customization we upgrade them to a dedicated server and then charge extra for configuration/installation of all the components they want.

It would probably depend on the affect it would have on the server. If it was benificial to all the answer would quite probably be yes.

I agree; it depends on what they plan to use it for and how it will affect server performance/security.
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

If its a custom Component I would ask them to provide the source code first, you never know what they are up to.

If its a windows dll for example if they have put some malacious code in there they could be purposely trying to open a backdoor into the server etc - highly unlikely I suppose but I still like to know exactly what I am installing.

Also you could tell by the source code if its going to kill your server or not.

are you charging for installing component?

We do not charge, but we also charge much higher than the going "WHT" rate for shared / reseller hosting.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

As do many other people I don't know how many times I've said that wht is not the only pricing in the market.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?