Im having a problem finding a file I uploaded!

Hey I uploaded a .htaccess file and I think it caused me some problems and now that I want to delete it, it wont show in my directory..... Has this got something to with it being a hidden file and.... I'm using cute ftp... How would I turn on hidden files or hoe would I delete the file... I kept uploading it to see if it apprear in my directory but it didnt even ask to overwrite and just uploads... I dont have a clue what .htaccess is I was just trying to do a forum hack but didnt go through with it... reason why I want to delete it is because since I uploaded it is because my fourm wont show up now....

Files that begin with a dot like .htaccess are hidden by default. In WS_FTP pro, you just look for the file mask entry box, and add -la in there and hit enter on the keyboard to see it.
    Not sure where it is on CuteFTP.

This could possibly work for you in CuteFTP

Connect with CuteFTP

Go to the directory you uploaded .htaccess into

Go to > Tools > Enter FTP Command >

And enter "DELE .htaccess" without ""

That should hopefully delete the file and bring your forum back.

Hope this helps

I've been looking for it on cute and I've had no luck so if anyone can help me I would be very greatfull....

Thanks posted before me

Cute FTP

You can set up CuteFTP to display these hidden files as follows. Open up the Edit menu and select the Filter option. Check the box next to Enable Remote Filters and enter the two characters -a in the Remote Filter box. Finally, click OK to confirm the change.
    The next time you make an FTP connection to your account you will be able to see a number of hidden files which were not visible before. As always, please be careful not to delete any pre-installed system files or folders, unless you know what you are doing, as many of these files are necessary for the smooth running of your account.

From CuteFTP's FAQ:
    Displaying hidden files or folders
    By default, some servers will hide files with names starting with a period such as ".htaccess" or ".profile".

To see hidden files on a remote site
    Click the Site Manager tab.

Highlight the site with hidden files.

Click File > Properties (when in CuteFTP Professional).

Click the Actions tab.

Click the Filter button.

Select the Enable filtering check box.

Select Enable server side filtering check box.

Type -a in the Remote field.

Click OK.

Connect to your site.

/* beat me by a minute Blue */

I dont have "tools" as an opsion I dont think...... so no luck yet

I don't use CuteFTP, so can't help you with viewing hidden files, but if nothing else you could just upload a blank .htaccess file to overwrite your problematic one.

Guys I've sorted the problem out with your posts thanks for your help.......