Configure IIS 6 for use with ASP site

Hi

I have a dedicated win 2003 server. I am about to upload a website wriiten in ASP that uses a backend access database and also asp upload and image com objects.

How should i go about configuring a website on my server. At the moment the site is on the developers test server and they are going to upload it but i need to create it on my server first.

When i run through the create new site wizzard you get the website access permissions page where you tick the boxes. Read and asp are ticked already but do i need to tick write as well because people wil be uploading files.

Whats the best way of setting it up and securing it.

Thanks

Nick

you mean on IIS 6 right ?. read is good enough. and in some case like access database, uncheck everything, don't check read permission for DB, otherwise someone will be able to download it.

I recommend this book http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

It has everything you need to manage your server.

I would suggest that you setup your access database outside the WWW folder (the folder were you will put your ASP files). Next use the full path in your scripts to refer the database. Since IIS will not allow to let the user go outside the HOME DIRECTORY (which would be WWW in our example), your database will always be secure and cannot be downloaded.

Also, make sure that READ and WRITE permissions are applied on the folder that stores the database.

yes, it would be called private folder, outside home dir, the safe way to secure access db.