configuration of server to meet needs of hivemail and page serving...

hello webhostingtalk forum,

i have been given the responsibility to configure a once storage machine into web server. i need to run 5 website and hivemail on 1 of them. to make this operational i know i need to install (the lastest stable releases) of apache, php and MySql. but what else do i need software wise to make hivemail work?

any help provided will be appreciated and i will be happy to provide extra information.

no i didnt mean that. ill explain myself fully.

i have been asked by my photography lecturer to host 5 photography sites with one of them enabled with hivemail. for this cause a computer was donated by my college IT department along with a internet line. the computer was used as a storage machine but it is now up to me to modify it to accomodate the new situation. by reading the apache+php+mysql for dummies books i have sucessfully installed all three. this will definately allow the comp to host sites. but i am unsure of how to configure this comp for hivemail. hivemail requires php complied with mysql (done), to turn safe mode off (done), ability to setup a catch all email account (no idea how to do), use of cron jobs (no idea where to start). i had posted a topic about having the hivemail activated site on a shared hosting account here . it seemed silly to have to pay 2 sets of bills when it could be combined. so i need a walk through the things i need to do (or anything i have missed)

if further help could be provided i would be very grateful.

What operating system are you using?
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

oh yes, i did not mention that. i am now using mandrake 9.2 download edition. i was using fedora core 1, but looking around this forum it doesnt seem to be adequate for the job.

*bump*