Personal website

I'm PRETTY sure this is where this goes, but if not, move it.

Ok, my new website http://dhoss.perlmonk.org/fd , is from what I can tell, compatible with most browsers, and aside from some small CGI errors that don't make a diff. in performance, and some slight color issues, I think it's good. Not done, but good.

Can I get some feedback?

Text is too dark on dark background and makes website absolutely unreadable. I suggest to change colors.

On the ENTIRE site the text is too dark?

I agree, the date stamp text, link colours and your news post titles are too dark, especially with the white dashed borders and white regular text.

The banner means people using 800x600 will have a horizontal scrollbar, but the content still fits in that size so that's the main thing.

Moved to reviews.

Pretty good. It sets a mood. What's the picture, a school hallway?

That block of text you have on your splash page, play with the box's width (wider) until your text justification doesn't cause those big gaps between words. Since it's supposed to be moody, try a more interesting font - perhaps a script type. And how about a semi-transparent background (partial) image of eyes or something.
    Serial Beggar
    Hate Your Family? Have No Friends? Make Me Your Beneficiary!

I agree with mostly everyone here so far, the black bkrnd is very overused. the image is nice. maybe if you added an opening statement. like the purpose of your site. i'm not so much of a fan of the white dashed lines. i would added more features. like area to upload pictures maybe. i jsut think there needs more to it,

Well, I noted that the site wasn't done in my original post, so there will definitely be more features.

Definitely lacking some stuff, I agree, but now that you've all given me some ideas for content, I'll go work on it.

I'll post it again when I'm done.

-hoss

Ok, updated the css to be a little brighter:
    http://dhoss.perlmonk.org/fd

I haven't fixed the splash page, and the textarea is still a little screwy, but I think it looks better.

Nah. Between this new bluish grey scheme to the previous black scheme, I prefer the black a lot more.
    Serial Beggar
    Hate Your Family? Have No Friends? Make Me Your Beneficiary!

Hmmmm, ok, well let's say this:
    I go back to the black scheme, what would you suggest I do to improve it?