17 14.78%
  • PAYPAL is not a scam

84 73.04%
  • PAYPAL.. Not sure if a scam

11 9.57%
  • PAYPAL... Will find out More

3 2.61%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I never had a problem ... using them going on 3 years.

I dont like the FACT that they kill puppy dogs and whack old ladies on the head with brooms but hey thats just a necessary evil to doing business online and haviing to use paypal.

Do they still suck out the brains of easter bunnys?

99.99999% of the time someone is shamming and a scamming and using paypal to collect money, is why acct is frozen,then they of course come here and start with paypal suxs...

silly threads should be banned or removed.

Originally posted by grace5
    99.99999% of the time someone is shamming and a scamming and using paypal to collect money, is why acct is frozen,then they of course come here and start with paypal suxs...
    The paypal reps I have talked to said they freeze accounts randomly (and thus why mine was frozen).
    I buy vBulletin licenses and vBSEO licenses!

Sorry, I just find that somehow hard to believe. Randomly freezing accounts? It goes back to the why would they risk millions of dollars in their business over your accounts thousands (and if you're keeping thousands in a paypal account, you're probably not using it appropriately).
    Matt Walters
    http://mattwalters.net/ - Weblog

I'd agree with Matt - it isn't a good practice to keep thousands of dollars in a PayPal account. Move those funds into your bank account and protect yourself that way... thus also minimizing the impact of any "account freezes."
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Originally posted by mwalters
    Sorry, I just find that somehow hard to believe. Randomly freezing accounts? It goes back to the why would they risk millions of dollars in their business over your accounts thousands (and if you're keeping thousands in a paypal account, you're probably not using it appropriately).
    They said it is an extra security measure. When they freeze accounts you need to fax in your ID, confirm your phone/address, and get papers notorized. I am sure that this would be able to filter out those performing illegal activity.

Thus paypal may believe that losing a few frauders would be worth the loss of a few accounts.

You must remember that when they freeze an account, it is theoretically possible to get your account back. Thus they are not necessarily losing business.
    I buy vBulletin licenses and vBSEO licenses!

Randomly freezing an account that shows no signs of fraud activity makes no sense. Randomly auditing accounts and freezing them if there is something they want answers to makes more sense. I've had my account for a good while now, and while I'm in NO way calling you a liar, it's just one of those you have to see it to believe scenarios for me. Regardless, leaving funds in your paypal account as though it is a bank is a bad idea.

I just get tired of people saying paypal is so bad etc. It's fine, you just have to use it for what it is, a processing system to send money from Person A to Person B. It's not meant to be a bank account.
    Matt Walters

I've never had any problems with paypal. But why would you ever let your account amount build up? As soon as money gets put into my paypal account I have it transfered to my bank.

I agree with mwalters. I doubt paypal is going to randomly select accounts to freeze and then wait for identification to be sent. They might randomly pull up accounts and look at their activity and then possibly freeze suspicious accounts, but only after looking at them.

Paypal is wonderfull i use it on 3 of my websites, NO other payment gateway/merchant account will let you start up for free. Paypal is great for small bussniess.

Never had a problem with paypal and I don't think they are a scam company.
    I think paypal is pretty good because the transactions fees are pretty low matched to others.
    Toeki - a Fikarast Co., Ltd. business (Accredited .WS & CentralNIC Registrar)
    We accept PayPal, Bank Transfers and all crypto currencies (BTC, ETC, LTC ...etc)
    █Domain Registration http://www.toeki.net

I have been using Paypal for the last 3 years with no prob. Transfer to and from Paypal to my Singapore accounts is smooth and guaranteed. But really hope Paypal officials can be here to give their side of the story

As many others have stated, Paypal isn't a scam. I have been using it for years without a problem. I have never had my account frozen.

Paypal is what it is. People who are unhappy with it are typically trying to make Paypal be something that it doesn't claim to be.

As far as using it on my website, I have been using it to process payments. However, I have decided to use a merchant account instead. Paypal has a lot of subscribers but there are still a lot of people out there that haven't heard of the company (*gasp*)! I think it was hindering my selling efforts.

Paypal... I've always kept a good sense for paypal and this makes me wonder...

I haven't read the whole thread, but im sick of these threads, we get the idea.

This thread is ridiculous.
    josh

My PayPal account has been "locked" twice, but never frozen. With locking, I attempted to log in after my first large in+out transaction, and needed to enter the full bank account or debit card number attached to my account, and it let me in. It did it once again, same thing. Never been frozen though, always easy to get back in.

- Matt

They freeze my debit card if they try and call me to confirm purchases and don't get a hold of me, happened 3 times in the last year or so.

If I have any problems on my account I just call my account rep and we get it fixed, no muss no fuss. I'm sure Paypal tags some innocent victims from time to time but most of these "horror stories" are only telling one side of the story.

PCPlayground I'd be curious to hear how your freeze turns out, keep us posted.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Since Paypal is the talk, I have a question about Paypal. Would it be possible to get an instance transfer from my checkings account to paypal if I wanted to purchase something? I can use a credit card but I'm trying not to use it much. What I am doing now is using the paypal transfer that takes 2-4 days. I was just wondering if there was a quicker way to transfer money into Paypal.

Thanks, Karim.

See if you can get a check card (i.e. Visa Check Card) for the checking account tied to your paypal account. Then as far as PayPal is concerned it is a credit card and will let you instantly fund with it. Otherwise I don't know of any quicker way then the 2-4 day method.
    Matt Walters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12