Eve1, ServerMatrix or Dinix

I've done some searches, and found these (Eve1, ServerMatrix or Dinix) quite good.

Now I'm confused. Some say ServerMatrix is managed, others say the opposite. So is Eve1, ServerMatrix and Dinix managed dedicated servers?

The reason I'm asking is because I've got no prior experience in managing servers, and previously used CPanel for my webhosting.

Budget's $100, and main requirement is bandwidth and quality. Any thoughts for a newbie? Suggestions welcomed. Thanks.
    Mobile phone news blog + free downloads (wallpapers, ringtones & themes): Mobile Phone Portal - mobile9

they aren't managed it clearly says unmanaged.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Re: Eve1, ServerMatrix or Dinix

[i]
    The reason I'm asking is because I've got no prior experience in managing servers, and previously used CPanel for my webhosting.

Budget's $100, and main requirement is bandwidth and quality. Any thoughts for a newbie? Suggestions welcomed. Thanks.
    if you dont know about server management, and your budget is $100, I suggest you to order VPS. It likes a dedicated one, you have root access, but it's managed

but anyway, you still have to learn about server. www.hostinglife.com is a good place for starting.

good luck.

Re: Eve1, ServerMatrix or Dinix

Originally posted by expert_21
    Now I'm confused. Some say ServerMatrix is managed, others say the opposite.
    I have no comments on the other hosts as I do not have any hosting experience with them.

I will only consider at SM Gold Level and above management plans to be really considered managed as it offers Systems Administrative Service: 1 hour / month. This is the only feature that actually allow you to get a tech to login and do very custom configuration or support you on helping you manage your server. Anything, more than the free 1 hour / month, you will be charge an hourly fee.

If you are looking only at the silver level, then what is only offered here is that you have free service / system monitoring beside the basic ping monitoring which most hosting will help check if your server is up or down. Plus you can request for O/S updates and patches. (These updates are not done if you do not request for it). Otherwise, you are on your own.

Generally, nearly all dedicated server hosting main focus is to proivde you with the server hardware replacement and network uptime. And you are solely responsible to administer your server yourself. You will have to pay a lot more to get them to administer your server for you. So often, it is best you get some dedicated admin to help you. As it will be expensive if you wish to get the hosting provider to do it for you (you will be charged at an hourly rate as 1 hour per month isn't going to be enough most of the time.)

Warmest Regards
    Robert lee

ServerMatrix will reboot your server goes down, which is usually good enough. In addition I have found that they are usually pretty good about helping you out if you lock yourself out of the server or something.
    CLIHosting.com - Affordable, quality web and MUD hosting.

I can also advice servermatrix to take if you're looking for a quality server with a nice amount of bandwith. Only, like gate2vn is saying, if you want it completely managed you better purchase a VPS

thanks for all the replies.

ATM, I wanted to go for a VPS, but I needed around 500 GB bandwidth. Most offers that amount of bandwidth on dedicated setups only.

Anyway, any recommendation on VPS companies for me to search on? thanks.
    Mobile phone news blog + free downloads (wallpapers, ringtones & themes): Mobile Phone Portal - mobile9

Re: Re: Eve1, ServerMatrix or Dinix

Originally posted by robertlee
    I will only consider at SM Gold Level and above management plans to be really considered managed as it offers Systems Administrative Service: 1 hour / month. This is the only feature that actually allow you to get a tech to login and do very custom configuration or support you on helping you manage your server. Anything, more than the free 1 hour / month, you will be charge an hourly fee.
    I hardly consider one hour a month of custom configuring to be a "managed" service. It's a good start but you still need someone to help. We fell into that trap in the early years at Rackspace and their version of "managed" and our service sucked. I know my way around linux and can do more than your average stuff on a box and I still pass up 5-6 hours work a day onto our admins.

But starting out with one server and a few clients, you should be able to get way with a few hours a week if you don't know anything.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Originally posted by expert_21
    thanks for all the replies.

ATM, I wanted to go for a VPS, but I needed around 500 GB bandwidth. Most offers that amount of bandwidth on dedicated setups only.

Anyway, any recommendation on VPS companies for me to search on? thanks.
    www.jvds.com send Rus a message. His dedicated VPS offers 300GB bw by default. If you need more, you can tell him, I am sure that he can have something for you.