Enom nameservers and other options

Hi all,

Hoping someone can answer a few questions regarding Enom nameservers and the possiblity that my plan may be completley stupid.

With my current hosting package I can create my own private nameservers and have done so. Everything works well and in a WHOIS you see, ns1.domain.com, ns2.domain.com etc.

I was told I should use Enom's (where my domain is registered) as they use 5 maybe 6 nameservers all seperated geographically. My problem with this is I would like WHOIS information to list, ns1.domain.com.

Now, from my very limited DNS knowledge, I could create a CNAME to point to the corresponding Enom nameserver. Is this right? So, ns1.domain.com would cname to dns1.name-services.com and I could keep my ns1.domain.com etc.

The reason I wanted to use Enom's is for the geographic seperation, as I my site hosted in two parts of the world, so wanted to have the US version for us visitors and the eu version for european visitors.

Are there any problems with this plan, is it pointless for instance? Or would there be a couple of extra hops involved to resolve the domain which would slow things down?

Any help is really appreciated!

i dont believe that will work. A CNAME will redirect the user to that server, the dns is managed by whatever is listed in the registry (ns1.domain.com or enom's namservers --not both).
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

you could actually brand your namservers over enom's and use that now that I think about it. Just create nameservers using the same IPs as their servers. I do this with my hosts nameservers to make them my own
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

it wont work, i tried it

to use their DNS service (for dns entry page to show) you have to choose at enom "use your nameservers" to enable the DNS page to show.

it will work with any hosting company but not enom since the DNS manager page wont show unless you choose the option to enable it.

i even emailed them asking to allow it for resellers they said might be there in future (mentioned it at enom wish list thread )
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

DirectI has branded nameservers.
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com

branded nameservers and using their dns services?

wow amazing
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi