Unhappy HASWEB did't refund my money

After the lesson I learnt from KAZIX,I decided never too put any illegal content in my invision board
    So i signed up at HASWEB on 22 march
    and made my new board,it was not even 1 day complete that
    on 24 march morning somebody hacked my system (my admin pass) and then he changed the board and put up loads of illegal content in it(things like WAREZ,MP3 etc)
    Immadiately I pmed the admin of HASWEB,aric and I also restored older DB
    of legal content
    BUT they suspended my account! and that 2 after 12 hours!!
    When my board was in hacked state they were doin there regular checkups so they suspend my account
    I told them also that I had Pmed the admin and told him of wat happend but they did't listen to me!
    I ALSO TOLD THEM TO SEE MY SITE WHEN IT WAS IN NORMAL STATE AFTER DB WAS RESTORED
    So I appiled for refund on 25 march
    ,and till now they have't done any thing,no response at all
    plus they kept my account suspendded
    THEN THERE RESPONSE CAME-THAT I WAS MAKING IT UP!
    NOW y on the hell will I make it up
    and why would I PM him 12 hours earlier that my account was hacked

IT TOOK THEM 2minutes to activate but they just don't want to refund

I have noticed that their whole family of hosting companies has the same issue with refunds, or cancellations. They are either very slow to refund/cancel, or they never get around to it.

With another of their companies, I put in my cancellation request a good week before my renewal was up, and wound up being charged for it. The cancellation was never made, so it was not just some mistake in billing.

I really think that cancellation and refund requests are filled when they feel they should be.

It is unfortunate that things like this happen with otherwise seemingly great companies. I did like their server and network performance.

Good luck with getting your money back, or things back in working order.
    DreamHost Web Hosting
    Shared and VPS hosting + dedicated servers and colocation.
    ... and we're green, too!
    Hosting your dreams since 1997.

AND U know wat's worse
    FINDMYHOSTING HAS GIVENIT TOP RATING
    LOOKS HASWEB IS A SCAM
    HOPE more pll will come out and speak
    out,that money was from wat I saved and that's causing brain hamerrge to me now

I would tend to think that it is more likely bad business practice than a scam.

Try contacting them again, and use a level-headed approach. Do not yell or point fingers. Doing so only makes people want to help less.

Once again, good luck.
    DreamHost Web Hosting
    Shared and VPS hosting + dedicated servers and colocation.
    ... and we're green, too!
    Hosting your dreams since 1997.

Thanx mate
    but u know
    I HAVE sent them 4 tickets already but have't recieved any reply at all

FOR anybody intersted in ful story can see here

http://hasweb.com/forum2/index.php

now they have banned me from the forums also

complain to you bank or credit card company and now at the same time threaten too cause it worked for me
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Guess everyone forgot about splashed's other thread on here for why he was shut down in the first place... I'm not trying to discredit him, just that something doesn't even smell right.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

Did you give your password to someone?
    Golden Globe Hosting | It's Time To Get Online.
    www.goldenglobehosting.com
    info@goldenglobehosting.com

It was an brute force attck,I had 8 letter password
    BTW TRS that's wat I have said I have learnt my lesson at KAZIX

I'm beginning to get the same feeling with midphase, it's been 14 days and I'm still waiting.
    9/11 Memorial, do you have a story to tell?
    United Web Site Award Givers, do you believe your site is worthy of an award?

Originally posted by Executive
    I'm beginning to get the same feeling with midphase, it's been 14 days and I'm still waiting.
    Tomorrow is the first business day. I don't handle refunds, but if you remember, a week ago or so I told you three times to contact me personally and I would get your refund processed for you. I've told you this in email, I'ved told you this in your support ticket (which you update several times a day asking for your refund), AND of course I told you this on the forums. You didn't contact me, in fact you said you didn't want the refund. Tomorrow morning we will process your refund for I believe the 10th time (includes the multiple times I've told you this in your ticket)

So, what exactly makes you think you aren't getting a refund? I assure you that we aren't out to keep your 15 bucks or whatever the minimal amount was, which was clearly displayed when I attempted to resolve this issue with you weeks ago. You neglected to contact me, so you wait the 14 days.

Zak
    CEO of SingleHop

I don't understand it myself. If one of my customers asked for a refund, it would be immediate.

So, according to first line of your post you did host illegal content before with some other host. Now you desided not to host illegal content and your forum got magically hacked and someone put illegal content on it? Give me a break. That's lamest excuse i've heard in a while.

You broke TOS and expect refund? Dream on.

Originally posted by Executive
    I don't understand it myself. If one of my customers asked for a refund, it would be immediate.
    You have life money-back guarantee and refund 100% of all cancellation requests? That's very much innovative. If you write an analytical case study, please, let me know.
    Last edited by Imago; 03-29-2004 at 05:53 AM.

Originally posted by Imago
    You have life money-back guarantee and refund 100% of all cancellation requests? That's very much innovative. If you write an analytical case study, please, let me know.
    I don't imagine I'll ever be asked for a refund.

Webhosting is just a means by which I'm able to help others with an Internet project. I'm not making any money at it to be truthful, but I have created some great partnerships.

Originally posted by CyberAlien
    So, according to first line of your post you did host illegal content before with some other host. Now you desided not to host illegal content and your forum got magically hacked and someone put illegal content on it? Give me a break. That's lamest excuse i've heard in a while.

You broke TOS and expect refund? Dream on.
    It's not magical at all,there are some people who are against me,some enmise of mine,I don't need to explain too u at all,who the hell are you?,U give me a break mister,Get a life and keep ur cool,looks like u don't know at hacking is all about,I had an brute force attack and I had an 8 letter password ,so it was easy to hack

Previously hosting illegal stuff attracts unsavoury characters - sounds like you invited them for dinner, and they fed!

Me thinks you can kiss your refund chances goodbye.

Hasweb would have every right not to refund your money, afterall you did read Hasweb's AUP? Right
    Bill Kish
    TotalChoice Hosting
    Hosting over 50,000 clients since 2000
    http://www.totalchoicehosting.com

But they have 30 DAY refund gurantee plus I have't done anything illegal at all mate,
    If nobody believes they can check out this link
    http://hasweb.com/forum2/
    My whole story is here

Originally posted by splashed
    It's not magical at all,there are some people who are against me,some enmise of mine,I don't need to explain too u at all,who the hell are you?,U give me a break mister,Get a life and keep ur cool,looks like u don't know at hacking is all about,I had an brute force attack and I had an 8 letter password ,so it was easy to hack
    still, why do they owe you a refund?

I'm still a little suspect at your hacking story seeing as you have already stated that you had hosted illegal content with another host.

Even if we are to give you the benefit of the doubt, your forum is your responsibility including the security. It is your fault that your forum got hacked (especially as you have admitted that your password is easy to hack).
    So with that in mind I certainly do not believe you would deserve a refund.