So long

Why does it take so long from the times you press "submit new thread" till the time it is actually posted.

It took 38 seconds for this thread to be posted ???

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

I have been observing this for a while now, I think it is waiting for the flash ads to load fully. I had just gotten to the stage (before you posted this), to consider contacting the advising team about it.

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    I have been observing this for a while now, I think it is waiting for the flash ads to load fully. I had just gotten to the stage (before you posted this), to consider contacting the advising team about it.
    advertising team, you mean?

it's definitely related to the ads and their loading times, since without the ads, i don't experience this problem.
    • Have • you • Floble'd • today? •

Originally posted by Knogle
    advertising team, you mean?

it's definitely related to the ads and their loading times, since without the ads, i don't experience this problem.
    How did you get rid of the adds

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

Further update. I turned every thing off in my browser .. Opera .. Java, Java-script, plugins and gif animation, that reduced the post time down to 3 seconds, That has also lessoned the time it takes to open a thread or to edit a thread, all of which is pointless as I still have to wait 90 seconds before posting again, however now I can't use smilies. I will have to memorized the names of the smilies :

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

Maybe it was a conspiracy on iNet's part to stop y'all complaining about the 90 seconds .

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    Maybe it was a conspiracy on iNet's part to stop y'all complaining about the 90 seconds .
    Anything is possible ...actually it has suddenly come right in the last few minutes. I have turned or my extra's back on .. java, popups etc etc and posting times down to 3 seconds.

See people do listen to me. They obviously read my thread and fixed it post haste .. thanks guys .. great mob.

Doc

edited. I take that back it is slow again.
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

I've been getting the slow down too. I finally had to add WHT to my ad blocker proggy so it speed things up for me.
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

Slow page loads and timeouts.

Over the past several weeks I have noticed a significant degradation in the loading times of the pages here. In fact I get a timeout for about 1 out of 50 page views anymore. For about every 25 page views I'm waiting long enough that I start thinking there is going to be a timeout, although the page does eventually load.

I'm on a 3 meg cable connection and I've checked many times to make sure my speeds are what they should be. No issues on that end. I have also checked my routes during some of the timeouts and there has never been any latency issues that I could point to as the culprit.

It could possibly be related to the banners loading. I've noticed that the page seems to wait for the banners to load which may be a part of the problem. Obviously I don't have the information necessary to make any definitive determinations, but I do know there has been a noticeable performance decrease here.

For what it's worth...

<edit>
    It took 11 seconds for this post to load after I clicked submit.
    </edit>

Thanks for the report. We will definitely investigate it.
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog: http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog

Just to add as well I'm having trouble with the new posts page loading. Takes forever, then doesn't load at all

We think there is a zombie attack at the moment, we have restricted guest access for a few minutes so the loads can drop..

Originally posted by The Prohacker
    We think there is a zombie attack at the moment, we have restricted guest access for a few minutes so the loads can drop..
    damn those zombies!

I think I just saw one run away.

*gets out his baseball bat*

there it goes again! I'm after it...
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

We think we have implemented something which will return things back to normal. We are still receiving large amounts of "zombie" like traffic, but with the measures we have instituted, they shouldn't be affecting the websites performance anymore.
    Jeremy Johnstone

hello

Hello all I am from UK wat has happened to webhosting before it was fast in loading web pages but now days it’s slow and I am from UK looks like webhosting is being overwork

just went down full stop. connecting to an advert at inetinteractive.com I think.

Was connecting for over a four minutes at a time then timed out.

Not so good

Andrew
    NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.

I'm still seeing the same issues today as I was when I made the post earlier in this thread...

It is something we have been attending to all morning. We will post as soon as we have a resolution.

Thanks for the post!
    Jeremy Johnstone

it was down for me for about two hours just now, very frustrating! hope it gets resolved soon

Andrew
    NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.

The issue has now been resolved and everything should be 100% back to normal. We apologize for those of you who experienced the downtime this morning, but we were forced to temporarily block several IP ranges as we were receiving large amounts of fake traffic from them.

Thanks again for all of your patience, and hopefully with the new measures in place this will never happen again.
    Jeremy Johnstone