56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox

28 50.00%
  • PS2

28 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Or PS2

Xbox Or PS2

Hey guys, I am looking to go out and buy one of these but I am having a really hard time to pick which one, can you please vote and maybe leave a reason why you picked that one

1) Xbox
    2) PS2

Hard question. I ended up voting on PS2 because I have one. We have an xBox around the house somewhere but I tend to go on the PS2 more because I have more games for it.
    -- Matthew

I believe the PS2 is cheaper, especially if you want to watch DVDs on it. Xbox requires an add on but the PS2 plays them out of the box.
    Quality of the games is the same as far as I know.

Originally posted by blue27
    I believe the PS2 is cheaper, especially if you want to watch DVDs on it. Xbox requires an add on but the PS2 plays them out of the box.
    Quality of the games is the same as far as I know.
    Right there on the DVD. You "have" to have the remote for the xbox I believe.

As for quality... I think the xbox takes over slightly on some of the graphical effects but I have also heard they can slow down if pushed too much. I havent seen one do that but I havent played much on them at all.
    -- Matthew

PS2 - GTA: San Andreas is going to come out soon, and you'll want a PS2 when that happens.

But it's a tough call. Assuming you get the broadband adaptor for PS2 and the hard drive addon, and then the Xbox DVD addon, they are the same. I personally play PC games more than console (or used to until my PC became outdated and the new games wont work. )
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    MSN=xshare101@hotmail.com
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

I have all three systems and like them all, but when it comes down to picking a favorite I'd have to say the Xbox is my favorite.

When it comes down to getting a game that has come out on all three systems, I get it for the Xbox. Reason being, is usually when the game is made for the Xbox, it has better graphics and has more features, like content download via XBL, Custom Soundtracks, Voice, HDTV Support, etc. (but it depends on who develops/publishes it)

I also really like the Xbox, because of Xbox Live. It has a great variety of games and there are over 750K people subscribed.

Some games coming out for PS2 & Xbox -

Xbox - Fable, Halo 2, SW: KOTOR2, Jade Empire, Unreal Championship 2, Psychonauts, Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Thief 3, etc.

PS2 - RE: Outbreak, FF XII, GTA: SA, Gran Turismo 4, Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain, Crimson Sea 2, FF XI(Out now w/ hard drive), etc.

bleh ...

is resi outbreak like the other resi games and not a first person shooter ?

Originally posted by phill2003
    is resi outbreak like the other resi games and not a first person shooter ?
    It's like the regular ones, with some online features this time around.

great when does it come out any idea.

Xbox...16 player Halo...drools...

Halo 2 coming out soon too, That will be on xbox live!

Originally posted by Hosemeyer
    Halo 2 coming out soon too, That will be on xbox live!
    True, and I know Halo is a good game, though I'd still go with PS2...even though I personally donnot own a PS2 or Xbox...but the Original PS
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

ps2 has better games and isn't as bulky

Both are good systems.

PS2 has exclusives that are not offered on the X-Box & GC, and X-Box has exclusives that you won't find on the PS2 & GC, so both are good.

I own both of them, and find myself using the X-box more often though (both systems are modded, but you can do so much more with the X-Box)
    Administrator & Webmaster:
    MegaGames
    MegaGames Forum

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by phill2003
    great when does it come out any idea.
    March 30th I believe ...

It depends. Do you want a better system, or better games?

If you want a better system, get Xbox.
    If you want a ton of great games, get a PS2.
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com

When you say better system what do you mean?

Love my Xbox... currently running EvoX and Xbox Media Player on it, streaming off our shoutcast server.

Using the same universal remote as my other equipment for DVD's and for XBMP, as well, so less confusion.

And while you're not technically supposed to, you can rip games and DVD's to the hard drive to bypass loading, etc.

Even if you don't like the games on the Xbox, you can always use it as an entertainment center, or install an OS and use it as a PC.

I play PS2 games occasionally, but their quality is nothing compared to the Xbox.

Originally posted by ./thename
    When you say better system what do you mean?
    There's no argument -- xbox has better hardware than the ps2. It's significantly more powerful and capable of some nice effects the ps2 can't do.

But the quantity of playable games is very low, unless you're one of those people that can keep playing Halo over and over again, and convince yourself it was worth whatever you paid for the console and game
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com

Halo gets old real quick when you do the campaigns/missions... but multiplayer rocks.

Although I have to admit, it's better on PC.

Best thing to do is to have both. Perhaps you can buy them 2nd hand to afford both.

Originally posted by amusive.com
    It depends. Do you want a better system, or better games?

If you want a better system, get Xbox.
    If you want a ton of great games, get a PS2.
    Yup, and unfortunately, many games that companies spit out for PS2 (all consoles actually) are pretty bad.

There are only a limited amount which offer "good" gameplay.
    Administrator & Webmaster:
    MegaGames
    MegaGames Forum

i'd get the ps2, unless you have some insane need to 'mod' it, in which case get the xbox. if you want to just be able to play your games, i think that the ps2 has a better selection of good games, the controller is nicer, etc etc. but if you want to have a console you can travel with, xbox wins here... you can put the mod chip in the xbox, toss in a bigger hard drive, and copy all your games onto the hard drive.

XBOX all the way. Nothing beats Project Gotham 2, Not even Grand Turismo.

I think the graphics are a little better. The kids like PS2 but I'm a XBOX lover.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast