Turck MMCache and Zend Optimizer

This is what is written in the README file of TurckMMCache:
    Since version 2.3.15, Turck MMCache is compatible with Zend Optimizer's
    loader. Zend Optimizer must be installed after Turck MMCache in php.ini.
    If you don't use scripts encoded with Zend Encoder then we do not recommend
    you install Zend Optimizer with Turck MMCache.

Turck MMCache does not work in CGI mode.

Here are some other products that provide the same functionality:

- Zend Performance Suite (http://www.zend.com/)
    I am not sure how to practically interprete these instructions, and is there any sense in onstalling the Turck MMCache if the same functionality is provided by Zend, and my phpinfo says:
    This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
    Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2003 Zend Technologies
    :: :: :: :: :: ::
    :: VDSP.Net :: Directory of virtual and dedi serv providers by location and price

PHP is written by Zend, that's why you see their name in the sysinfo. I also read here at WHT that the lead developer for MMCache has gone to work for Zend so updates have been slow coming from them.

Personally I would suggest two options:

1) Use IonCube's PHP Accelerator and don't run Zend encoded files, run IonCube encoded files. (This option is free)
    2) Use Zend's Accelerator with the Zend Optimizer if you absolutely have to run Zend encoded files. (This option can get pricey but is clearly the best)

MMCache lead dever gone to work for Zend??? Damn, I won't easily let my employer working on something which is compete with my products...

I currently run turck MMcache and Zend on my server and it works fine.

Originally posted by FrzzMan
    MMCache lead dever gone to work for Zend??? Damn, I won't easily let my employer working on something which is compete with my products...
    Turk mmcache is free program , and a develop team have non profit in it . And turk mmcache is free but it better , faster a Zend accelertor which is cost nearly 10 000 $ for a license , so ofcourse Zend company have to asked Turk develop team to join them with a big $$$ .
    My 3 cent

Just as an FYI, for those of you who are small businesses (less than $250,000 in annual revenue if memory serves), then you can get Zend Encoder, Zend Accelerator, and Zend Studio for $295.00. Not very expensive in my book then.
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog: http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog

Originally posted by jsjohnst
    Just as an FYI, for those of you who are small businesses (less than $250,000 in annual revenue if memory serves), then you can get Zend Encoder, Zend Accelerator, and Zend Studio for $295.00. Not very expensive in my book then.
    That $295.00 is a yearly license without Support or Upgrades and only applies for a single processor I believe. Upgrades would be pretty important since PHP5 is right around the corner and if you don't get the upgrades when you buy the initial license they charge you $155 a pop for upgrades.

Getting the Encoder is what really makes that whole package enticing. Normal pricing for that package is like $1900.00 US.

The small business specials certainly offer big savings over their normal pricing....