Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My ServerMatrix experience so far

Originally posted by Darkanoid
    Hmmm this sounds not good to me. Is this real?
    SM whats up? Do i need to buy backup servers with others just in case?
    Oh please, get real. People sometimes flame SM them on their own forums and the posts are never censored, nor are their accounts deleted. Unfortunately it is unlikely that SM knows or even cares about this thread, so we'll probably never get their side of the story.

That's right. The have glasnost on their forums and KGB ruthlessness among their AUP-enforcement officers.

You will get your SLA credit. I did not file for one on our servers regarding the WittyWorm because I knew they would be overwhelmed and it was not really their fault. However there was an incident a few months back where they did drop the ball and they did honor their SLA. Their normal turnaround on that is like ten days. I'm sure after the WittyWorm thats probably more like 21 days.

Their support is generally helpful, you just have to get the right tech. Seems they have hired alot of new people who don't really know much except to tell you to put in a ticket. So now I put in a ticket then call if it's urgent.

Originally posted by sysc
    I'm still waiting on our SLA credit/Refund from a couple weeks back that 3-5 hour outage they had. Jeff, says they are "investigating the issue" . I guess I dont see whats to investigate. It was down more than 45 mins..
    • Ddos, DOS, Brute force protection • White Label Reseller Hosting. • Proactive Server Management
    • 20+ years experience! • sales@uncensored-hosting.com
    Uncensored-Hosting • X @UncensoredHost

Originally posted by kneadingu Their normal turnaround on that is like ten days.
    I've got my SLA refund (not Witty-related) approved within 24 hours.

PS. The Tao of Sexology is in the Kama-sutra-bhasya of Yasodhara. :-)

If I may add..

I have my server at server matrix for close to 5 months now (Since november) and I must say I have been very pleased with the service.

Network speeds are great.
    I have had some minor glitches, but this is expected (most of the times the problem was too minor to contact SM about it or it was unsure if the problem was with SM at all)

The hardware is chugging along nicely for me (even had a little suprise when I ordered my server, definetly good)

Their response times are acceptable, downtime/reboots are handled quickly (the only time the box was unaccesible was when it was suposed to be up, my ticket was dealt with in 10 minutes)

I had a minor issue where having a reverse DNS added took a while (every time it ended up not working for some odd reason) but was eventualy dealt with as well.

At one time we got a free 40GB harddisk and they put it in so quickly, I didn't even notice the downtime (I went away for lunch, got back and only noticed the upgrade after I checked my email)

Another con they have is that they will only post new offers here at WHT despite their promisses that they will also notify their own customers, but then again...browsing here works too

All in all, I'm a happy customer

There it is, that is the kind of support I got from SM. They refuse to even discuss the problem. So it seems their 'solution' to the problem is to dump the customer that has a valid complaint that was impacting my business.
    I have been with SM for 5 months now, and my experiences are just the opposite. Tickets sometimes take long, but phone support always has been fast for me. Imo they DO care about their customers.

Well the latest update.

I got notification this morning that my servers were shut down due to non-payment - yet they charged my credit card (and received the money) on April 3rd.

I just spoke with my bank and they will be mailing me a statement of fact showing that ServerMatrix/The Planet did in fact take the money from my account on April 3rd. This will be posted.

ServerMatrix has purposfully taken steps to harm my business. And no, I do not spam, I do do anything illegal on my sites. They have refused to even talk to me about the problems.

So be forwarned folks, in *my* experience (backed up by tickets and bank statements) they will take your money and not provide the service paid for.

I noticed in another thread someone mentioning problems with reverse DNS, I too had that problem, it was never resolved on one server. I have issues with IPs being in the blacklists of major email providers (do not confuse this with the various RBLs out there, these were directly entered into local blacklists) for which SM refused to do anything about or even try to help.

It also took them a couple of months before they even started charging me to proper amount (they were charging too much).

So be aware before doing business with them.
    Last edited by TheBear; 04-08-2004 at 11:31 AM.

I am still waiting for you to drop me an email or a phone call to let me know who you are. You mentioned you would contact me a few days ago.

But still have not heard from you. If you would like assistance I am easy to reach and will be happy to investigate your claim.

Thank You
    Jeff Reinis
    (469) 607-3005 - jreinis@cogentco.com
    www.cogentco.com
    Datacenter Colocation - Tier-1 IP Transit - Bandwidth Solutions

I do appreciate the offer, unfortunately based on the actions of your co-workers (as well as information from others) I felt it would probably just be a waste of your time as your co-workers will not even return phone calls when they say they will.

No problems, at lunch I am simply going to the courthouse to file suit against Server Matrix and The Planet for knowingly disrupting my business and causing me harm.

My only thought is you may want to evaluate the company you work for that takes this kind of steps against a paying customer. Unfortunately, no matter how good of a person you are (which from other posts here you seem like a decent person), it will reflect on you.

I actually quit a job in the past due to new ownership as their policies I felt reflected poorly on the reputation I had built up over the years. I figured they would last about 1 more year after the time I left, I was off by a bit, they lasted just under 2 years.

And as you can clearly see, there are other people that have problems with SM as well, this is not an isolated incident.

I do appreciate your offer, I do believe you are sincere, unfortunately the company you work for is, in my opinion, very unethical.

Just got a message that I need to reclaim my server. So I wonder how they shut them down. As they do not have root passwords, if they just pulled the power then they will have most likely damaged my databases as well.

Something else to include in the lawsuit.

Originally posted by YourHost
    I am still waiting for you to drop me an email or a phone call to let me know who you are. You mentioned you would contact me a few days ago.

But still have not heard from you. If you would like assistance I am easy to reach and will be happy to investigate your claim.

Thank You

Seems to me TheBear that you are purposely refusing their help. I can no doubt see your support requests as being abusive maybe? You're making all kinds of allegations and claim you don't want to have them retailate? Do you HONESTLY think they can't figure out WHO you are simply by looking at who they shut down for 'non-payment' in the last day or so? Might as well come clean and let both sides of the story be told IMHO. YourHost has asked you SEVERAL times to contact him. Something smells about the whole thing to be honest.

He's just going to sue them

Usually when that happens it's either: (1) safe to ignore them, especially if they're a newbie, or (2) you're talking to chris faulkner.

Chris has his own DC so I'm going to go with #1
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com

Originally posted by TheBear
    Well the latest update.

I got notification this morning that my servers were shut down due to non-payment - yet they charged my credit card (and received the money) on April 3rd.

I just spoke with my bank and they will be mailing me a statement of fact showing that ServerMatrix/The Planet did in fact take the money from my account on April 3rd. This will be posted.

ServerMatrix has purposfully taken steps to harm my business. And no, I do not spam, I do do anything illegal on my sites. They have refused to even talk to me about the problems.

So be forwarned folks, in *my* experience (backed up by tickets and bank statements) they will take your money and not provide the service paid for.

I noticed in another thread someone mentioning problems with reverse DNS, I too had that problem, it was never resolved on one server. I have issues with IPs being in the blacklists of major email providers (do not confuse this with the various RBLs out there, these were directly entered into local blacklists) for which SM refused to do anything about or even try to help.

It also took them a couple of months before they even started charging me to proper amount (they were charging too much).

So be aware before doing business with them.
    It sounds like you are (almost) going out of your way to not get help. Then you keep adding more issues to your list. Sheesh, SM guy already posted at least twice asking for your info, to help you along, yet you seem to not want the help. Looks to me, like you are set in your ways, and possibly don't want to admit any (possible) wrong-doings.
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years

Hello,

Originally posted by ArtieFishill
    Seems to me TheBear that you are purposely refusing their help. I can no doubt see your support requests as being abusive maybe? You're making all kinds of allegations and claim you don't want to have them retailate? Do you HONESTLY think they can't figure out WHO you are simply by looking at who they shut down for 'non-payment' in the last day or so? Might as well come clean and let both sides of the story be told IMHO. YourHost has asked you SEVERAL times to contact him. Something smells about the whole thing to be honest.
    I am not refusing their help. This morning I made 3 calls to them and left messages. Steve Wallace called back, said he would look into it and would call me back. That was at 10:07 am. It is now 3:36 pm and no call back.

I made repeated calls to support over the past MONTH and have NEVER received a call back.

I made calls to the person that claimed to be my sales rep (funny he wasn't the one that did the signup) and He never called back (Paul A. - don't know how to spell his last name). In fact he said he would not even talk about it.

I have emails from other mail admins stating very clearly that they have blocked ThePlanet's IP ranges for (in their words) hosting spammers.

ThePlanet and ServerMatrix harmed my business by giving me IP numbers that were blocked by other isps. They then refused to even help get the blocks removed. I bitched about it after having a ticket open for 1 month and no action taken on their part - they refused to even call me back to talk about it.

So while you may have had good results, there are many who haven't. So to say I am refusing their help is far from the truth.

As you say, if they could figure out who I am so easily (which after as much info as I have posted here they could), they could call me as my number is on file - if they really wanted to help.

That they haven't even with my many calls to them (backed up with phone records) shows how much they really 'want to help'.

You can discount me as much as you want, that doesn't change the truth of the matter.

* I opened tickets for support

* They did not even try to solve the problems reported (if they did, then never updated the ticket, therefor that says they didn't)

* I complained for inaction in their part which was affecting my business

* they didn't like the complaints, so instead of actually solving the problem they canceled my account - and did not give a reasonable time for me to move my servers

* they charged me for the month of April. And then entered tickets for each of my servers claiming I was being shut down for non-payment.

* and they still refuse to talk about it.

So, in my opinion, they are worse then microsoft in regards to ethics and service (that isn't a compliment).

What blocklists were your IPs listed on?

I had the same problem Bear with one of my servers being issued IP's too soon after having been recovered from a spammer. However in my case SM/TP handled the matter just the opposite of what you claim. Not only did they get me delisted from spamhaus but they also offered to issue me clean IP's. Their abuse/compliance department was very helpful. They did call me back. They did followup their calls. Admittedly they felt this was a problem and implemented safeguards to ensure IP's reclaimed do not get reissued for a minimum of 2 weeks.

Additionally I personally have found their support to be exemplorary. They have gone above and beyond on more than one occassion. Granted there are some techs that will brush you off, due to what I suspect are their own skill level but when you put in a ticket it eventually gets reviewed by someone who can resolve the issue for you.

I personally find it hard to believe that they would knowingly charge your credit card and erroneously disrupt service for non payment. Especially considering that each day they are unable to charge your credit card they send out notice of the same. Of course I have never seen what happens after day 5 nor do I care to but when I lost the card they were using and had it resissued I did find their policy reasonable.

What I find unreasonable are your intentions to litigate. However that is your right.
    • Ddos, DOS, Brute force protection • White Label Reseller Hosting. • Proactive Server Management

Also, make sure the spam list you are concerned about actually matters. I remember on EV1's forum a guy got pissed off his IP was in a "blacklist." The "blacklist" was EVERY IP in ev1 space... nothing much ev1 can do about that

Exactly amusive, not sure what he expects them to do about them being blacklisted. And it seems rather odd that

1) He claims he NEVER gets called back, yet I've seen many posts here stating that they never had that problem

2) No one updates his tickets, yet opposite is previlent here (and being a host, sometimes tickets go unanswered by error or other reasons.

I'm getting the impression here that they want him gone for other reasons. As for billing, errors happen there, I've made em, had em made to me. It's how they are handled that matters. Maybe there is some basis for all this, but maybe there is something else going on that we don't have full disclosure on. Not that it matters in reality...lol.

I'm actually considering getting a SM server just to find out for myself.

So see, all this bashing actually is bringing SM business.

My experience with SM so far (3 days).

Great start. I ordered on a weekend and it took almost 2 full days to get my server setup. Then, they took another 4 hours before they installed Plesk. However, I never wait til the last minute to order a server, so the setup time is not that critical.

There were some mistakes made on the Plesk install in that the PowerPack was not installed. I opened a ticket and within about an hour, someone replied, saying they were investigating and minutes later, someone from SM logged in and installed PowerPack. Nice.

I had a problem with my URchin license. I opened a ticket and got an immediate resolution after about an hour of waiting. Nice.

I had trouble with my root pass. Opened a ticket and got a reply and resolution within about an hour.

I had a few smaller "get to know the system" issues, and got replies to my tickets in all cases, in under 2 hours.

Thus, my impression so far is that I am "Very Pleased". Compared with some of the providers I have been with, I consider ServerMatrix to be pretty awesome. I hope they don't change like so many others in the past.

I'm getting the impression here that they want him gone for other reasons.
    That does happen. I have had customers that were so friggin' rude, that I took my time responding to them because, frankly, I would prefer to spend time with customers who are respectful and not abusive. I am human and so are many others who provide technical support. Don't be rude and then expect others to treat you like everyone else they deal with who is not rude to them. It may not seem right, but it is a fact of life in tech support.

Hello,

Originally posted by amusive.com
    What blocklists were your IPs listed on?
    Guess it would help if you read what I wrote and not what you think I wrote. But then you probably think that sentence was 'rude'. I did not say blocklists, I said by various ISPs. One of which is the people at voyager.net - who handle email for many domains. There are also others that when I was able to contact them stated (as I mentione before, these are their words) that tey had blocked known IP ranges owned by ThePlanet due to problems with spammers coming from theplanet's IP space.

Some of these I was able to get the blocks removed myself. These were individual ISPs that have ThePlanet's IPs blocked in their own lists - I am not talking about spamhaus, etc.

I dealt with as many of these situations as possible, and I notified SM of many of these instances - and told them I needed help getting this resolved, which I felt needed to be either giving me new IP's or them contacting the people that had the IP's blocked. The response I got on one of the ticket was that the IP wasn't listed in spanhaus - which was pretty stupid as I was very clear that this was an individual local blacklist. I do not think it is unreasonable for the hosting company that owns the IP addresses to help resolve the problem that they caused.

I was having emails blocked on a daily basis due to this - mail that was not blocked prior to moving my servers to SM. The mail was blocked due to IP ranges, not due to my domain or content (the site is a membership site and the only emails that go out are messages from one member to another).

Hmm

Exactly amusive, not sure what he expects them to do about them being blacklisted.
    as posted before, it is THEIR IP range that is blocked. My previous IP range was not blocked, my domain was not blocked. Due to their apparent business practices (hosting spammers, per the ISPs that had them blocked), they were affecting my business.

So I expect them to take reasonable steps to help get the IP's assigned to me cleared up - or to give me IP's that are not blocked. I don't think that is too much to ask.

And it seems rather odd that

1) He claims he NEVER gets called back, yet I've seen many posts here stating that they never had that problem
    Guess you haven't read all th eposts - others have also reported tech support problems - but then, that wouldn't support your side would it.

2) No one updates his tickets, yet opposite is previlent here (and being a host, sometimes tickets go unanswered by error or other reasons.
    I posted that there was a stupid update only saying that the IP wasn't listed in spamhaus. But again, you only read what suports your opinion.

I'm getting the impression here that they want him gone for other reasons. As for billing, errors happen there, I've made em, had em made to me. It's how they are handled that matters. Maybe there is some basis for all this, but maybe there is something else going on that we don't have full disclosure on. Not that it matters in reality...lol.
    I will be posting the letter from my bank when I get it, owever, I realize that people like you will claim it is forged. Some flks just can't handle the truth.

I'm actually considering getting a SM server just to find out for myself.

So see, all this bashing actually is bringing SM business.
    Go for it, somehow I think you deserve each other

Originally posted by kneadingu
    I personally find it hard to believe that they would knowingly charge your credit card and erroneously disrupt service for non payment. Especially considering that each day they are unable to charge your credit card they send out notice of the same. Of course I have never seen what happens after day 5 nor do I care to but when I lost the card they were using and had it resissued I did find their policy reasonable.
    There was never a problem with the credit card. There was no notice of any problems with the credit card (because there were not any problems with payment). They charged the card and received funds.

What I find unreasonable are your intentions to litigate. However that is your right.
    Why is it unreasonable to sue for damages they have caused me? How easy is it to find a decent new host and move 200 domains, DNS, databases and mail servers to said new host in 4 business days - with no downtime?

Tell me that you could do that with no problems and down time? This is why I am going after them. They have knowningly damaged my business by the steps they have pulled they have falsely accused me of non-payment.

Considering they have my money for the entire month of April, they had no grounds to turn off the switch. Especially knowing (and they knew as I updated the tickets and called and left messages) that such a move was not possible in that time frame.

To take money for services and then refuse to provide those services is theft.

I did not say there was a problem with your credit card I said I lost mine and what I stated was how they handled my situation during that timeframe. Perhaps you are the one who only reads what supports your position . . .

Why is it unreasonable to sue for damages they have caused me? How easy is it to find a decent new host and move 200 domains, DNS, databases and mail servers to said new host in 4 business days - with no downtime?

Seriously? You think that is hard?

Put some time into it and you could get it done EASILY, i've moved well over 200 domains in that time frame with no downtime, not to hard ya know...

Hi!

I have server with server matrix for months, and all the while their service is good.... all ticket will be reply within 30 min but since this week, I have opened two ticket but they only reply back in about 48 hours. Sigh! Hopefully their tech support service will be back to "normal" soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast