Thread: Whoiscart down?

Whoiscart down?

I have not been able to access whois cart the last 2 days. What happened?

whoiscart.net ?

i have no problem accessing it , i accessed it yesterday and the day before it as well without any problem.

They did migrate to a new server a couple days ago which they posted about on their forums well in advance. That was only a small amount of downtime though.

They certainly have not been down for two days, I end up there every day for one thing or another...

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    They did migrate to a new server a couple days ago which they posted about on their forums well in advance. That was only a small amount of downtime though.

They certainly have not been down for two days, I end up there every day for one thing or another...
    It's true! I have not noticed a special problems with access up
    to their site and forums also.

I have spent last two days in reading on all posts at
    their Forums.
    Bestbg - Best "Background" Services

I can access their site no problem. Maybe your ISP still has the old DNS/NS entries from the old server cached and you will have to wait until they clear their cache.

But as far as whoiscart.net is concerned....yep....she's up.
    Glen Millar
    Tyger Hosting Services
    http://www.tygerhosting.com
    Affordable Direct Admin Linux Hosting Since 2003

Thanks for all of your replies. I think it's my ISP (Mediacom). Hopefully it will be up (for me) soon. Thanks again

Must be my ISP too then since I cannot reach whoiscart.net. I could reach the site briefly Friday to place an order but then have not been able to reach them since. Could someone post their new IP so maybe I can reach them by IP and maybe get the software I paid for?

bash-2.05b$ ping whoiscart.net
    ping: unknown host whoiscart.net

hmm, wierd. It works for me though.

However, this seems a DNS issue; http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport...=whoiscart.net

Yep - they're hosed. The IP 65.75.183.40 just takes me to a black screen with a saevenstar logo on it. tracert.com shows them unreachable from most of the world. I hope they are aware of the situation.

They are not unreachable from most of the world. I've checked 6 different ways and all confirm they are up accessible right now. I can see them myself.

If I type in the IP I get the black screen with the logo on it but if I use the domain name I get the site.

There does seem to be a problem with one of their Nameserver IPs not being public though. That could cause some issues for a few people...

Incidentally, there are 5 people online at the Whoiscart forums as I post this, they are reachable for some people at any rate...

I am still having trouble accessing them, can someone post a support request in whois cart forums Thank you

The site was down eariler for me, but it is working right now.

I started a thread at Whoiscart referencing this thread about the DNS issues some are having. I'm certain they will address whatever needs to be done...

Originally posted by gxhosting
    Thanks for all of your replies. I think it's my ISP (Mediacom). Hopefully it will be up (for me) soon. Thanks again
    It's your ISP. I tried to access the site from a MediaCom IP and it has the exact same issue. Access from other ISP's works fine. Also connected from the Planet just to be sure as well as through dnsstuff and both access fine.

Hi everyone.

We have not vanished from the face of the earth. What is likely in the case where you cannot access our site, is that your ISP's zone file for whoiscart.net has not been updated. When there is a great latency between our TTL value and those of your ISP, it is possible that the NS entries are not updated immediately.

You can use the 'dig' command packaged with 'bind' to check your nameservers.

cd /etc and cat resolv.conf
    Those are your DNS resolvers, note them.

Then perform the dig command:

dig whoiscart.net @yourdnsip

saeven@saevenstar:/etc$ dig whoiscart.net @24.153.23.66

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2-P3 <<>> whoiscart.net @24.153.23.66
    ;; global options: printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 38748
    ;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;whoiscart.net. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    whoiscart.net. 14400 IN A 65.75.183.40

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
    whoiscart.net. 14400 IN NS NS2.SAEVENSTAR.net.
    whoiscart.net. 14400 IN NS NS1.SAEVENSTAR.net.

;; Query time: 183 msec
    ;; SERVER: 24.153.23.66#53(24.153.23.66)
    ;; WHEN: Mon Apr 12 10:10:09 2004
    ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 94
    Your entries should point to NS1.SAEVENSTAR.NET chances are they still point to the old entry, NS1.SAEVEN.NET

Saevenstar is the name of our dedicated box.
    circlical - hosting software development
    forums * blog

ISP's sometimes cache entries for up to 1 week.

Last time I checked( on Friday, it was up), but since then I cannot access the site. My isp is comcast.

Dig your DNS as I have prescribed in this thread - and report the findings to your ISP.
    circlical - hosting software development
    forums * blog

I still cannot access the whoiscart.net tonight, but I found a quick fix that works (it is "very basic", what a shame that it took such a long time to find this solution).

First, find a server that can access whoiscart.net, and use ping to find out the IP address, add that IP-to-domain mapping to your Hosts file. (In Windows XP, it is at %WINDOWS%/system32/drivers/etc/). Hosts file is checked before DNS server for domain name resolution.