Anybody knows what happened to ***********.net?

our sites have been down for more than a week now and even the *********** support pages have gone offline as well. they used to have a great support staff but the last couple of weeks it's been a misery. now we're all floating and all our businesses down. i'm on the sv2 server. we've been told to change our ips coz of a ddos attack. now it's been a while and the main support have gone as well. we all would like to know what happened.

anybody knows about ***********??

wowplanet
      0 Not allowed!

looks like they pissed off WHT.

space it out, im curious.
    jubba joo!
      0 Not allowed!

what's going on here? the name of our host was edited?

here it is ***********. the asterisks meaning letter (i)

can we not submit our problems here about hosting?
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 03-30-2004 at 07:59 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by wowplanet

can we not submit our problems here about hosting?
    yea you can, if its ******* out it just means they have not abided by the rules here
    UrlRedo.com - short URL service
      0 Not allowed!

They have broken WHT rules, that's why they're banned (replaced with ***********).
      0 Not allowed!

im with them as well.. everything is down.. not one e-mail..
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Fujiwara Takumi
    space it out, im curious.
    I do believe that it is against the forum rules to attempt to make a banned hosts name/url visable in the forums

Forum Rules - General Rules
    Participants may not post words or URLs that are censored by adding spaces, dots, or substituting characters; or by any other means in an attempt to defeat any censors put in place by WebHostingTalk.
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    AgilityHosting.net - UK & European cPanel Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

fair enough.. but its hard for us customers as we have no back up server to contact them (not that i know of).. so here is a great place to try and sort our problems out..

it's not exactly advertising is it!
      0 Not allowed!

If someone is banned on WHT, it is for a good reason. The fact that they are banned on here, is a good enough reson in most cases to stay away from them for me
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    AgilityHosting.net - UK & European cPanel Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

oh that hosting company is banned from here. sorry, i thought you meant that mentioning company names was banned. sorry.

i am seriously worried about this now. will have to go and find there number.

no replies to e-mails, nobody on msn
      0 Not allowed!

There seems to be a lot going on about them all over the board.

Has anyone gotten any answers at all? It seems to be quite a long time not to have answers, or even an attempt to contact clients.
    Mark - Owner/Lead Designer
    avidInteractive
    Lead vocalist for Circle7: Circle7 on MTV
      0 Not allowed!

this is crazy!

I hope they contact all of us clients to know what was going on.
    one of the guy i shared the server has more than 50 clients and another one was using their webmails to send or compose mails to clients. now we are all handicapped with nowhere to go.

Please if *********** is reading this, get in touch with us ur clients so we can help u with your problems if any rather than leaving us all in the cold.

Wowplanet
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 03-30-2004 at 08:00 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Another day, no contact.
      0 Not allowed!

I think I'm going to cancel my payments today. Anyone know the best way to do this? Can you do it through paypal? Or should I ring the bank?
      0 Not allowed!

If you paid by PayPal, you should be able to directly cancel by logging into your PayPal account.
      0 Not allowed!

I paid the yearly dues to get a cheaper deal. How do i go about getting a refund? I also paid by paypal. it's getting crazy now and with no contact from any of the support staff. All the sv2 and probably sv3 and sv11 clients are going to lose their business and reputation.

I can't believe that this is happening. I have no problem with <censored for a good reason> the first couple of months of hosting under them. My tickets are always replied to very promptly and i really don't have any complain except the last couple of weeks things have begun to happen and our sites suddenly went offline. Said it was a ddos attack. But now, i think it's more than just an attack. There could have been some problems that we don't know about. i just hope they'll go online again to resolve this. they should never have panicked. many of us started of beautifully under them.

wowplanet
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 03-30-2004 at 07:57 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

wowplanet, I doubt you'll be able to get anything back via PayPal as they have a 30 day policy to submit a complaint and get a reversal.

You may need to go through your credit card company, and check with them about a chargeback (this would depend on your credit card company's policy as well, or if you even used a credit card to make the purchase through PayPal.)
    avidInteractive
      0 Not allowed!

thanks for the response. i think it's a lot of work getting a refund. but what about our data and other stuff, like mails stored in their server? i want them back too. and whilst i have a backup of some of the stuff. the last couple of days before the server went down are still to be recovered. actually, i'd rather have them get the server backup in the interest of so many people who have lost their business reputation. forget about the refund. just get the server online so i could transfer my data elsewhere.

after featureprice, i thought i found a better host...but darn....how come i'm always unlucky!

wowplanet
      0 Not allowed!

Yep, it can be hard to trust, after a double whammy like that.

In any case, it would really depend on what the status of the server is....there may no longer be data to recover
    avidInteractive
      0 Not allowed!

OK, server update: sv2 is now online but don't know for how long. it's been online, offline before. i hope this time it becomes stable. the support page is still offline though.

could only hope everything goes for the better.

wowplanet
      0 Not allowed!

wowplanet: i've already decided that i cannot handle something like this again, just imagine if you had 100+ clients

i've signed up to another company today - i suggest you do too. pm me if you want any recommendations.
      0 Not allowed!