Thread: Heoo?

Heoo?

Anyone with this company how are they for uptime, support etc, and are they really on peer1?
    eXeGaming : Professional Gaming Organization

I dont see them offering dedicated servers?

Thats the worst server load ive EVER seen

http://www.compufizz.co.uk/heoo/status.html

Server load 351. That's an interesting figure.

Originally posted by 4Hosted
    Thats the worst server load ive EVER seen

http://www.compufizz.co.uk/heoo/status.html
    how they go that high nembers? my host never got above 1.50 server load. how get 35.41, someone explain to me plz.
    Everything which has a START must have an END... need Host, Reseller, or any info click here

The fact that they're now restricting users from using Perl, etc. means that they're not capable of providing good support and properly managing their servers. I wouldn't go with them.
    Nokhrin - http://www.nokhrin.com/
    ~ e-commerce application development

I would, I currenty use them, well under annother name, and they have always been good for me. They are moving their big customers to thier own servers, and keeping everything going well. I have been with them for about 3 months now, and the support is friendly, and very helpful. They may be experiencing growing pains, however they are a quality host

The fact that they're now restricting users from using Perl...
    Is a breach of contract IMHO. They plans said that the clients will get PERL. Now they don't get it anymore!

Hi,
    I would like to point out a few things:

-The dedicated servers from peer1 were being re-sold by us for another company who had yet to release there site. However now that they have we are forwarding all people interested to their site.

-The server load on the status page is simply a print screen to show clients that some of the scripts running are damaging the server. We have talked to the clients causing the problems (of which it was only a couple) and have had our techs work hard to design alternate scripts that make both the server and customer happy

-We dont ban the use of perl but we do ask you ok the script with us first.

-We told all clients in advance of the changes and if they didnt want to accept them we were happy to refund them and happy to assist in their moving to a new host.

-mno: As for the comments on our support I dont think you can comment as you are not a client.

Any further questions Ill be happy to answer them.

Kindest Regards
    -Matt

matt do you have icq, msn or irc i need to talk to you right away please!

Server load is wayyyyyyyyy too high

Hi,
    Take a look at the date I posted that news article... Since then we have brought in a new server on which we have 2 clients with low packages but using programs with high demands (instead of asking them to look for another host). Also we are going to be purchasing 2 more high speed servers in the summer.

Yes were not making any money but at these early stages of our companies development making the customers happy is the most important thing because if we cant do that then where would we stand later on in the competitive hosting market.

Kindest Regards
    -Matt

What morons...

-The server load on the status page is simply a print screen...
    -We dont ban the use of perl but we do ask you ok the script with us first.
    And this is of course after that marketing scam heoo was trying to pull with Peer1 Bandwidth. After being exposed as a scam, the guy just dropped his marketing like a hot brick.

Think what you want however we stated all along we were partnering with a company to get the dedicated server deals (as we know that we are not big enough to have got these deals ourself) and we openly admitted that we dont use peer1 bandwidth for hosting our shared and reseller clients.

Ill be happy to give you the info of the company now that they have there own site and are taking orders. But im not prepared to start promoting them in an open forum. We no longer are a partner to them (now they have a site of their own) so of cause we dropped marketing their solutions.

At the end of the day our customers are happy. If people want to flame us then so be it. We will try to defend ourselves but if people have already made up their mind then theres nothing we can do.

Kindest Regards
    -Matt

This was not intended to have any company insulted and for the record heoo has been more then helpful in directing me to the right source (to get what i was after), and has been very polite and has msged me a few times to make sure everything is being handled well i must say i've never dealt with them personally nor do i have a service from them but their support and service seems to be great considering they are helping me and i have payed them nothing. To bad all companies werent like this (even if its not their business and no sale for them the help the customer get what they want.)

Thx again to Matt for all his help and taking the time out of his day to help me its greatly appreciated.

And please stop flaming him that was not what this topic was for it was to find out if they were a respectable company (as i read an old post seeing they sold peer1 dedicated servers (which he clarified above they no longer do.) and now this has become a bash heoo thread i feel that is wrong.