Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Two thoughts. First. Don't put alll your eggs in one basket. Advertise in other places other than AdWords so your viewers see you in more than one place, making your company look larger. Second. Make sure your AdWords are specific and detialed for your market niche or your demographic.

There is a lot of work that goes into branding your name and gaining recogintion to acheive the confidence and trust of your customers. Just because you have a solid looking site and AdWords, doesn't mean that you are going to start obtaining more customers.

AdWords only help make your name more exposed rather than helping your reveneues. Although, eventually it could lead to increased revenues. Just my two cents.
    Jon Rhoads, jon@comcage.com
    http://www.comcage.com

I've had a problem with the clients I do get from Adwords being extremely demanding and at the same time price sensitive. Not my kind of customer. I can spend the same money elsewhere and get a more "normalized" client that is about like my other clients. People searching for Web Hosting on Adwords are VERY savvy and will play you for all you're worth. Good luck, and see you there!

Originally posted by andrewgmol
    And on another matter, is this kind of thing normal? I've seen it happen 4 or 5 times but from different IP blocks...
    You see this type of thing with users from major ISPs such as AOL who use cache boxes. The hits are not actual full page loads, each hit represents a page item (such as a gif image) and each is peing pulled from a different cache box. As far as Google is concerned, it only counts as a single click since the user clicked on your ad once.

For copy techniques, I agree with GordonH, I have found the conversion rate for "dirty copy" very high. I'm running the same "dirty copy" Adwords ad for 4 months now and it's yielding pretty good results: 2.7 CTR, 6% conversion.

Originally posted by Alex042
    This is what I figure also, but how do you keep a campaign from slowing because these people arent clicking?
    The measure of a campaigns success is how many people buy not how many people click. The reason to qualify your ads to target the clicks more is to reduce the wasted clicks that cost you money and bring no return = a lower number of clicks (lower cost) for a higher number of sales (higher ROI)
    Andrew McMaster
    http://www.FindMyHosting.com
    Compare Prices, Consumer Reviews, Help, Guides and More.

I am running about 2.5% ctr. With a $1.00 a day budget and $0.05 cpc. This is for 3 high profile keywords. sure my ad is listed in 45th position. but the few impressions i get, i get a click.

Wow! I was paying as much as $3 per click.

The problem is that to get volume sufficient to bring in enough sales to grow a company you do need to be in the upper reaches of the listings.

On overture for example we hardly get any clicks if we are below #3 on most keywords so although the price per click might be low there is actually no point in having the listings.
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

Originally posted by GordonH
    The problem is that to get volume sufficient to bring in enough sales to grow a company you do need to be in the upper reaches of the listings.

On overture for example we hardly get any clicks if we are below #3 on most keywords so although the price per click might be low there is actually no point in having the listings.
    Why not? If there were keywords where you could bid, say 15 cents for a low, even second-page, listing --- and get a click every two days and a sale every 10 clicks, wouldn't it be worthwhile... even if it mean a sale only about once in three weeks?

Sure, to get the volume sufficient to grow the company, you'd want to have more than one of those... which is why many successful PPC campaigns using either AdWords or Overture involve bids on 100 to 200 keyword combinations. Of course, among those you wouldn't have to only rely on those low-volume, low-cost bids... but the low-cost clicks you get in response to them means that even if you're paying $5 for a couple of bids, your average CPC can justify the entire program.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Its worthwhile but on its own it won't bring in sufficient volume to grow a business to a worthwhile level.

What it does is help keep the average cost per click down so bidding $3 per click is not actually $3.
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12