Anyone know what might be the problem here? Server tech help please

We had a spammer a box that was sending mail using a program and it was sending so much that emails couldn't go out or into the server for the rest of the clients. We deleted the account but we are still having some problems.

We are getting mail now when it is sent as appose to not getting it at all or a couple days later. I'm getting 2 copies of emails instead of just one. So if I get an email from anyone, make your p3nis larger, ebay notification, client responding to a ticket, on all of my accounts i end up getting two of them. Also when replying to topics on a phpbb forum I get these errors cause the forum software is trying to send topic reply notifications to people who have subscribed to the thread i'm replying in.

Warning: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /forums/includes/smtp.php on line 111

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to mail.frumnamehere.com:25 in /forums/includes/smtp.php on line 111

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /forums/includes/smtp.php:111) in /forums/includes/page_header.php on line 478

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /forums/includes/smtp.php:111) in /forums/includes/page_header.php on line 480

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /forums/includes/smtp.php:111) in /forums/includes/page_header.php on line 481

Could not connect to smtp host : 13 : Permission denied

DEBUG MODE

Line : 113
    File : /forums/includes/smtp.php

I haven't messed with the settings at all so this happened when the spammer happened and I don't think it has to do with the cpanel upgrade but I might be wrong.
    << Please review signature guidelines >>

are you using SMTP on out going e-mails from the forum or it used to send out e-mails as user nobody??
    http://boostdomain.com
    Affordable unlimited domain reseller plans
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers

from the forum, its loggin into the smtp mail account for the forum and sending the emails that way.
    << Please review signature guidelines >>

Should have better luck here!