DVD is dieing its creators have set out to destroy it.

Many of the original inventors of DVD ie. panasonic and sony ect ect have released a new formate that can fit upto 50GB on one standard size disc... The new formate is called Blu-ray disc (BD). TriStar distributors are realsing there movies on BD next year and it is said to be the beginning of the end for DVD. Blu-ray is perfect for uncompressed high quality movives, a poo load of data and HDTV, HDTV is (high definition television) which is big in Japan and is slowing and fastly gaining popularity in the west..

My website explains everything you need to know about Blu-ray disc..

www.Blu-rayTalk.com

Please register in the forums.

need a review too please....
    Last edited by Postmaster; 03-27-2004 at 07:03 AM.

Aaah, change the font from Times New Roman to Arial, for example. Also, a white backround is not great. Have a white background for everything but have the text in a table and have that slightly off-white, i.e. colour #FAFAFA.

I'll design that table system for you if you want.
    Visit my site, please: http://www.nippoo.net

Thanks for that will concider you, my time is limited on the net at the min......

Will get back to you... thanks for your help

Interesting new technology for sure.

By the way, the sound you hear are the 'buy now' buttons being pressed at registrars all over the world, as domain speculators rush to grab all the good 'bluray' domain names.

what do you mean by that? Not understanding.....

Postmaster, I was just pointing out that whenever a new technology, product or trend comes to life, that domain speculators (*people who buy or register domains with the intention of selling later for a profit) always rush out to register all the associated domains with that technology/product/trend. It's a sort of land rush for a particular type of name.

Sorry for any confusion. I was attempting to be funny/sarcastic, because I've played the domain game a bit myself, but anybody not familar with that business would probably be scratching their head at my statement.

Nice site by the way. I learned a lot about the technology by spending some time there!

thanks my friend..... totally get you..

also might I add that, yeah its like mania when a new thing comes out and everyone goes crazy but there is a fat chance it could lead to know where..... but there is still a chance it gets big but I think for a domain registeration fee its better then placing your bets at number 10 at roulett

50 GigaBytes.

Thats quite a staggering number. Would the perhaps, be backwards compliant? Meaning could the new bluray drives read original DVD's?

If so, it could very well be a step in the right direction.

I'm kind of disappointed with the 50 GB number. I was hoping for at least an order of magnitude. A single side of a DVD using two layers is nearly 100 times that of a CD. This blu ray technology isn't even 10 times a DVD. 'tis a shame!
    <!-- boo! -->

What about my 1 TB internet connection on mobile?
    Maker of World's BEST Browser & Web site development software.
    Shared / Reseller / Dedicated *Managed* Web hosting on Linux / Windows with 99.5% Uptime Guarantee with SLA & 90 days moneyback guarantee.
    Contact -> AIM: str1997 | ICQ: 303026849

Yes blu-ray disc players (bd players) will be ablke to read DVDs.... even though the laser is totally diffrent bd uses a blu laser to read the disc and dvd uses a red one... But the bd players will deffinantly be able to read dvds too because there is still a massive dvd market at the moment and many of the inventors of bd also helped create dvd and there is already a bd player by sony and that plays dvds....

50GB is impressive but just emagine how much data you could fit with compressed files on there too... For this day and age 50GB is enough.....
    Last edited by Postmaster; 03-29-2004 at 10:12 AM.

also forgot to mentoin the BD cost alot of money as soon as it comes out in the west.

wow seems intersting, I am gonna look into it, Although I doubt dvd will go away for some years because it will take many years for the price of these discs/players to go down and for regular people to afford it, thats How dvd was, it was like $600 for a standard dvd player now you can get em for $35 for a overall dvd player. But it makes it seem very neat, that means better quailty for movies, more content can be stored, and lots of other things! hope to see this within a few years on the market for a decent price and not a jacked up one

yeah thats deffinantly true thats good cause I have all this time to develope a good site.... I've took some advice off you guys and changed it abit by editing the text....

Thanks for your help looks much better I think...

Do you guys have anymore advice?