* Leo Laporte Resigning from “The Screen Savers”

I know this has nothing to do with web hosting but it defiantly marks a day in tech history. The wonderful host Leo Laporte from TechTv's "The Screen Savers" will no longer be hosting the show. This is a very sad day in the tech world. (You can blame COMCAST for this.)

He will still be part of the Screen Savers show but he will be hosting Call for Help daily.
    Read about it at the techtv site
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Not live...

Re: Leo Laporte Resigning from “The Screen Savers”

Originally posted by dsheli
    I know this has nothing to do with web hosting but it defiantly marks a day in tech history. The wonderful host Leo Laporte from TechTv's "The Screen Savers" will no longer be hosting the show. This is a very sad day in the tech world. (You can blame COMCAST for this.)
    Damn Comcast!!

*watches as the cable modem lights start to go off line*

I didn' say that!! I was just jokeing!!
    A new Beginning for WebMasters
    WebMasters Forum
    TotalWeb International Net Consulting
    Internet Consulting, Hosting and Business Solutions

Well, I'm sure we'll all miss his dirty old manesque comments!

I remember Leo Laporte was the original host to Call for Help.

read his blog entry here

all i gots to say is :
    -its sad to see him go over BS !@#$%^&*(....
    - "held my job as hostage. " IS SOMETHING that NEEDS TO CHANGE FOR ALL OF US
    -as I am a DAM AMERICAN (sorry my french) and all just want our lives left alone and so with the rest of the world
    -Gods Love come apon anyone screwed or chewed out in any such way
    -w/ HR in many companies going down the tube out to india or or just the random cute college grads this comment speeks for itself as I dont have words for the keybord

take care everyone
    gilbert
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

My leaving has nothing to do whatever with G4 or Comcast. In fact, I'm very sorry that I won't be around to participate in the transition.
    still, its sad to see him go. screensavers will not be the same show without him... heh, what will they do with the into?
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

I'm afraid I won't be watching much tech tv now.

I'll still watch because patrick is funny.

but, it's still fairly sad.

Originally posted by Martie
    He will still be part of the Screen Savers show but he will be hosting Call for Help daily.
    Read about it at the techtv site
    That was the original plan, but read here:

http://leo.typepad.com/tlr/2004/04/end_of_line.html

Regards,
    Waylon

It is not right - I will stop watching TechTV

Because of Leo LaPorte

1) I'm smarter than everyone else around me about computers.

2) Started programming in different langs for different reasons.

3) Gave me courage to put up web pages on the world wide web.

4) I started this hosting company with tips and tricks that came out of his mouth.

Leo you are the best thing that ever happened to computers and I really hope the man who put you out will have carma come and get even with him. It is only people like you that makes the world a better place to live. If you need anything just ask us on this forum and we will all help you any way we can..
    Brad
    www.buyourwebhosting.com
    AIM Screen Name - buyourweb
    More power than a web site needs - xController cPanel theme and Fantastico

Leo Laporte was the reason my 80 year old father came to understand what I was talking about in regards to computers. Leo was very charismatic in his delivery of information, and did not speak down to people (although there was always the odd heckle of Windows based systems)

I had tuned into Call For Help a couple of times and when I saw Leo was not hosting, choose to watch something else instead. Leo could hold the viewer and that comes from his background in radio and his aforementioned low key delivery.

Too bad for TechTV as he was one of..if not the...last original member of ZDTV. I assume viewship will decline overall. Although Patrick Norton does a decent job on his end, of co-hosting The Screensavers. But Kevin Rose is no Leo Laporte and maybe TechTV should recruit Steve Wozniak as co-host. He is ALWAYS interesting and has a good sense of humor as well. If not Steve Wozniak, Will Wheaton is another solid choice.
    Glen Millar
    Tyger Hosting Services
    http://www.tygerhosting.com
    Affordable Direct Admin Linux Hosting Since 2003

I too will miss watching Leo on both Call for Help and The Screen Savers. However, I feel that tech tv has started going downhill, especially with the advent of Unscrewed. To me, most of the stuff Martin does on that show is trash, and with the whole Playboy / TechTV's Hottest Female Personality thing....they kind of lost me.

I'll still watch The Screen Savers every now and then, but for now, I'll keep watching Discovery/TLC

Between this and the desperate attention ploy of forcing the on-air women to compete to bare their breasts. I think Tech TV is well past over.

Chet

I always liked Leo.

It'll never be the same without him.