Not a public IP???

I am setting up a new server and the DNS on it. I went to dnsreport . com to check things and got some error messages I have never seen before. It reported:

Error: At least one of your NS records points to an IP address that is not a public IP. The problem IP(s) are:

<primary NS IP> is not a public IP
    <secondary NS IP> is not a public IP

These IPs are not reachable on the Internet, causing DNS delays, extra resource usage, and possibly no DNS response.

I am also getting this for the IP's of the domains on the server:

Error: At least one of your WWW IPs is not a public IP. The problem IP(s) are:

<domain IP #> is not a public IP
    That means that some or all people trying to get to your web site will not be able to get there

This message does not appear accurate as the IP's are accessible via a Browser (e.g. http://<domain IP #>, but I suspect this are telling me I have a problem with the server setup or DNS set up.

Does anyone have a clue what is causing dnsreport . com to say this and what I might do t fix it?

Thanks!

What are the first 3 numbers of the ip's you are trying to use?
    Dave

Originally posted by GHDave
    What are the first 3 numbers of the ip's you are trying to use?
    67.18.1.xxx

Originally posted by FreedomNet
    67.18.1.xxx
    Those are routable IP's...
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Originally posted by sirius
    Those are routable IP's...
    I'm sorry I don't know what that means. Is it a good thing, a bad thing....?

Can you ping the ip's? Maybe Open a ticket in orbit.theplanet.com and see what they can do for you.
    Dave

Originally posted by GHDave
    Can you ping the ip's? Maybe Open a ticket in orbit.theplanet.com and see what they can do for you.
    Ping can reach these IP's without any trouble. The dnsreport error mentions "slowing things down and taking more resources" so I am not sure if this is really an issue or just something in DNSSTFF/DNSREPORT reporting this wrong

I would guess those IPs to be the 3 "unusable" IPs, they are probably the ones used for the private vlan setup.

The Author of DNSReport was kind enough to respond to a query and I'll put his reponse here in case others come up with this same question:

"Actually, you can ignore those errors -- the problem is that the IPs were just allocated a couple weeks ago, and ARIN hasn't yet updated their IP->Country database (which is what we use for determining whether or not an IP is routable). We will probably be changing that in the near future to just looking for specific IP ranges (such as private IP ranges) that should not be used."