Kayako. How long?

I read that Kayako is a good ticket system to use. I ordered a couple days ago and no answer from anybody. A guy on their forums ordered over 5 days ago and nothing.
    I am needing it to finish my Moderbill integration.
    How long did it take you guys who have Kayako to get everything?
    Dave

Yup, I had to wait 4 days and that was with me contacting them everyday.
    Jamie
    RadicalV.com High Velocity Hosting Services - Since 1999
    Hsphere Linux & Windows Hosting ~ Automated Reseller Plans ~ EasyApp Collection

/me is not about to wait over 4 days.
    /me looks for a phone number
    Dave

waiting 24 hours and counting

Took 24 hours when I ordered last year.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Still nothing
    Dave

GHDave, Kayako seems to of been going down HILL very fast, been waiting for bug fixes from them for months. There is a post on there forum dating back to 12/2003 about there next update and still nothing.

You might want to look at anther ticket system. Only reason I am still using it is I did not want to fell like I wasted work and money I put in to it. But there is some much better ticket systems out there then Kayako now.

They got me all taken care of. Reason why I wanted Kayako so bad is because it integrates with modernbill easily. All is good now that I have the account activated
    Dave

they want me to take a picture of my credit card statement and mail it to them ...

credit card statement? i thought a photocopy of the credit card itself would suffice....

Thats some freaky fraud protection

Hey...I have the record so far (at least recently)

7 days and counting - already charged my card.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=252883

Well I guess then it's not a software worth looking at? I did look at it again and again, but not sure if I want to shell almost 400 for an owned license. I don't like leased model, and I rather just pay for it upfront if it is a good product and is regularly updated. I guess this isn't the case here?
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    http://www.sprintserve.net
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

Originally posted by sprintserve
    Well I guess then it's not a software worth looking at? I did look at it again and again, but not sure if I want to shell almost 400 for an owned license. I don't like leased model, and I rather just pay for it upfront if it is a good product and is regularly updated. I guess this isn't the case here?
    We are now looking to go with deskpro - more $$ but seems to be a much better product. The doo-dah we have been through with kayako is too much. Can't imagine if we had a serious issue with our HD and took over a week to get a response. We handle 100+ tickets a day. My mistake for not doing enough due-diligence.

So many people are mentioning Deskpro. Will have to think it through. THe problem with scripts really is I hate the part about customising it to our look and feel.
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |

Me, I had to wait about 20 hrs., but for a excellent product.

got my excellent product tonight.

Originally posted by GHDave
    /me is not about to wait over 4 days.
    /me looks for a phone number
    Kayako does not offer a telephone number. You are restricted solely to their online ticket system or posting in the company forum for any information from the company.

If you post in the company forum asking about your license purchase though, expect to be yelled at by the moderators...

Originally posted by Vortech
    GHDave, Kayako seems to of been going down HILL very fast, been waiting for bug fixes from them for months. There is a post on there forum dating back to 12/2003 about there next update and still nothing.
    I reported a bug to Varun at Kayako back in October 2003. Varun said it would be fixed in a rebuild and released the following week. It is now April 2004 and the bug has not been fixed...

Food for thought...

Sounds like cPanel.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Originally posted by NexDog
    Sounds like cPanel.
    lol... so true...
    www.milescape.com
    Boundless Web Hosting Solutions

Not at all. Cpanel fixes their bugs fairly fast especially if it is critical, and their support really isn't bad. I have tickets responded to within 24 hours almost all the time.

Originally posted by netFusion
    I reported a bug to Varun at Kayako back in October 2003. Varun said it would be fixed in a rebuild and released the following week. It is now April 2004 and the bug has not been fixed...

Food for thought...
    Do you mind to share the bug detail ?
    http://intl.indoglobal.com
    Full Featured Web Hosting

Originally posted by atiep
    Do you mind to share the bug detail ?
    It's a misspelled file name in the status check code. Since eSupport is encrypted, I can't fix it myself.

So every time the InstaAlert program checks for ticket status, it puts a page not found error in my web logs.

I have two workstations that check and support tickets using eSupport. Since it checks ticket status about every 60 seconds, I get almost 3000 file not found errors in my web server log each day.

Agreed that there was a delayed version, but if you noticed not even one single release got delayed in past 2 years, not ever has such an incident happened. Its clearly evident from forums that Varun is working hard to get this company where it was before and I am more than confident he will. There were some serious issues with Indian Government Revenue Service as it seems by the announcement made by him and I for one am glad that he has the guts to work out of this situation.

Originally posted by netFusion

Food for thought...
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting