Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cerberus support is non-existent as well.
    Hey Selmatic,

It would be great if that were true. I'd have a lot more time to code!

However, in reality, there are at least 5 of us in my immediate group who spend a good chunk of our day on support -- every day. That's mostly because our support is currently free for every user, even evaluators.

If we didn't provide any support, wouldn't our forums be full of angry users asking what was going on? They're aren't. Our forums are full of feature requests and suggestions from satisfied users. It's a very constructive place!

I have emailed them nearly every day. By now I still havent got any reply from them.
    Before we can perform an install, we need some basic information from the user. Pending that, the ticket would be on hold. But that should be the only delay.

Our open ticket count was down to a whopping _2_ on Tuesday -- we've addressed nearly every open issue. I'm not sure how you fell through the cracks.

When you get a minute, please send in a ticket or another reply from the same address with "Attn: Jeff" in the subject.

Make sure you include your e-mail address and your domain name, so I can consolidate any other tickets you may have opened.

Seems that after they get the money they dont care customer at all.
    Couldn't be further from the truth -- our development is user driven. Again, just check our forums or the threads here. A huge majority of the development we're working on day-to-day is targetted at free upgrades and enhancements for _existing_ customers.

I'd be insulted if I knew you weren't just frustrated. I would be too. After all, you just want to start using Cerb.

Drop us a note today and I'll handle the install myself. If you've been waiting over 2 days, the install is free.

You can also find my IM contacts in my profile on our forums (http://forum.cerberusweb.com/) -- I have the same forum name there.

Thanks!
    Jeff Standen, Software Architect, Cerb
    Cerb - web-based teamwork and workflow automation - https://cerb.ai/

Dont know why, but after I drop my post here in WHT starts happening

I got first reply from Cerberus after many many days hearing nothing. Maybe this will sort out now... I lost my hope but now it's back again.

And thanks jstanden, I will drop you a note right a way which includes Installation Request Tracking number etc.

barko

you should check your spam folder......

Originally posted by addinson
    barko

you should check your spam folder......
    Nice try - but I had been receiving auto-responses from my ticket submissions in their help desk. And...from Varun, after this thread got up enough steam. The fact remains that the account was never created. And there were no replies in the help desk from kayako.

BTW - Its my box - and there is no email from them in the logs for the period mentioned. We switched help desks, as I have already mentioned and are quite happy with Deskpro.

Originally posted by barko
    Switched to Deskpro. ... haven't had to try out the support much though - time will tell.
    Deskpro is a one-man show, so support will be highly dependent on his waking hours and free time...

For my money, I'd go with Kayako.

Kayako is a pathetic joke... They have no one there that will do anything for you ever.

deskPRO on the other hand has been more than helpful and you are able to get access to the full source code. So if anything would happen, if the author of deskPRO would die, you would still be able to use the software and develop it by yourself.
    I like to help

Originally posted by Simpli-Erica
    Deskpro is a one-man show, so support will be highly dependent on his waking hours and free time...

For my money, I'd go with Kayako.
    In my experience so far, the Deskpro response times have been much quicker than the 8+ days it took with Kayako.

I've been using Kayako since July 2003, and would say i've had pretty extensive experience with Varun and his company.

Although support is somewhat slow, eSupport is a quality product. It's very easy to get setup and it's even easier to use. I have tried many different helpdesk scripts, and nothing even compares feature-wise or overall usability to Kayako.

Varun is a good guy, and knows his stuff. He is often hard to get ahold of though.. so his focus is on Quality interaction over quantity.

The benefits of Kayako eSupport far out-weight any negatives.

Originally posted by IceCell
    Varun is a good guy, and knows his stuff. He is often hard to get ahold of though.. so his focus is on Quality interaction over quantity. The benefits of Kayako eSupport far out-weight any negatives.
    I in no way would imply that Varun has any character issues or that he is not knowledgeable.

However, your statement about "Quality vs. quantity" does not fit when an order has been unfilled and repeated attempts to contact support have been unanswered for over 8 days.

I can't imagine anyone serious about business waiting over 8 days for a "quantity" response. While during that time there is "no" response.

Would your customers wait that long?

Would you?

Anyhoo...enough already.
    moderators, please close this thread?

I have been using Kayako for over a year now and have been really happy with it.. Support can be VERY slow at times but I have never had an issue which was really an emergency and when I did get ahold of someone they helped in every way possible to get my issue resolved.

I have a couple thousand tickets going through my Kayako and it has been very dependable, I also had the issue with the backups of the database and just have a script which backs up all my databases and FTP's them to a different location on a nightly basis, while it is not a fix it does the trick.

One thing I think people are fogetting is that this is a $500< full blown helpdesk software, no real excuse to have slow support but if you need 24/7 emergency support for your helpdesk you better get out the checkbook and be ready to drop 10-20k on something like Heat or Epicor helpdesks which I have used and IMHO are no better than the product I get from Kayako.

I've never had any troubles with Kayako. I just recently purchased a eSupport license from another user and they transferred it within 24 hours.

Just wait until you get some ticket volume, the way the whole application is coded is bad. I wish we had gone away from Kayako way before we really did. We just hunged around because we where promised a fix that never came out. And for the weeks we waited there was zero support, zero people that could do anything about the situation.

Kayako uses ioncube or zend coded code. Wich sucks because you cannot fix the bugs yourself.

We have been more than patient with them. But it seems they just did not care.
    Last edited by Maximiliam; 04-02-2004 at 09:30 PM.
    I like to help

I was actually planning on purchasing eSupport, however, I had a few pre-sales questions that went unanswered after two tickets in a weeks time so I just knew it would be better to move on. I chose PerlDesk instead, and it's been working fine for me. I know some hosting companies go through rough times with not that many employees, etc. But from what I can tell Kayako has had some problems for a while.
    Michael

Originally posted by Maximiliam
    We have been more than patient with them. But it seems they just did not care.
    I would have to agree. I've been a Kayako customer for eight months now. They are a two man shop. Varun and Hiren do not frequent the Company Forums very much. Varun has posted one message in the Company Forums in the past two months.

And the forums have become more of a playground for a couple of the moderators instead of a business support forum. The moderators make an effort to delete any posts that they do not agree with and really treat the Kayako customers as though they are less important.

Sooner or later Kayako will learn that their customers are actually more important than the moderators since the moderators don't pay Kayako's bills...

I've personally had about 10 posts with questions and comments deleted from the forums with nothing more than a comment saying that it is not beneficial to point out weaknesses of their product. Most of my posts in the forums get deleted without any comment at all.

If you're looking for support, there is no phone support and you should not expect to be treated like a valued customer in the Company Forums.

When opening a support ticket through the online system, Hiren is always curtious when he answers. It usually takes about 24 hours to get a reply through the online support ticket system.

So, that's my two and a half cents worth as a Kayako customer... Your mileage may vary...

Want to tell that now I have my Cerberus working. Cerberus staff intalled it yesterday. I don't know why they didn't respond my original requests and emails, but yesterday they was friendly and did their job very well. I want to thank Cerberus for that.

I'm now learning to use this new system... so far it looks great!

Just wanted to post an update.

We are now using DeskPro for our main client and it is excellent. A bit pricey but worth it.

Decided to give Kayako one more try for a new clent we have who has budget constraints - the help desk was created instantly (within 10 minutes).

So...we will proceed with caution, but at least the account was created this time. Now to see if the backup function will work.

Varun did finally contact me regarding this issue and offered 2 months of free service for our troubles. I did not take him up on it - I'm not trying to get anything free, just the products we order.

Let's hope that Kayako can improve their support - it seems to be a decent option for lower-budget customers.

that's one of the reasons we switched to livesupportcenter

i know loads of open source GPL scripts that have 10x better support than kayako, and they earn practically nothing from it, if at all.

ostickets
    help center live
    mambo os

I understand that GPL'ed scripts may not be as feature rich but whats better? less features that you can actually use, or loads of features that you have to pay for and then cant get to work because the support is rubbish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12