Have an Anime site just sitting there, what should I do with it?

Well, about three years ago I purchased AnimeBeta.com as an old project.. never amounted to anything since I was too inexperienced. I now have the domain and a layout for it, but with no real use as my interest in the topic has dwindled significantly. I wouldn't mind fronting the project if I found people interested in working on it, but finding people who like Anime and are mature enough to generate solid content for it is extremely hard. I also don't want to invest too much just yet, as I have no idea whether or not it will take off. Any ideas on how to go about this?

If you don't have interest in it anymore, the site will not be a success (if you decide to work on it) only do and work on things that you enjoy, that way you have the motivation and drive needed to make it a success.

I suggest adding some content and putting the site up, then sell it as a complete package. You may not make the profit you were looking for but if the design is good you can still make something out of it, rather than letting the domain expire, etc..

Good Luck!

Dan you have been into anime before, right?

you have the domain and the layout, I suggest that you develop the site for a bit and sell it.

IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

Well, I have a personal attachment to the domain. It was my 'first ever' and no way would I sell it. (Well, in reasonable terms, at least.)

I would like to make the site work, just personally don't have the interest in creating the content.. I wouldn't mind doing the administration of it at all.

Hey,

I'm the Administrator of a fairly large and well known Anime site myself, I won't say what here though as I don't want to spam.

Not long ago I was personally thinking of working on an online browser based Anime RPG game, using Final Fantasy style attributes - A tried and tested method.

I don't mean another ****** clone style game, but one with actual depth and an overall storyline.

I've spoke to a substantial amount of people and they have been very interested in this if it would ever take off.

Moral of my post? You could always try something like that.

Sasuke, the resources needed to pull that off would be much higher/larger than what I'm willing to fund, so I think that would be out. Good suggestion, though.

i own a webhosting company and have high interest in anime. If you willing to talk to me about what you want, I'm sure we can work something out. All you'd have to do is administer and advertise =P
    ::Ne0-Net::
    cheap prices, outstanding service, guaranteed
    www.ne0-net.com

You can always try to make something like Gaia Online.... XD

trunks, I have my own server. It's just a matter of having well-written content.

Alfarin..

I own a server, have been watching anime for 13-14 years+, used to run an anime site with a friend of mine, and plus... I just plain love anime.

So basically what I'm saying is, I'm mature, I love anime, I'm dedicated, and if you need any help, I'm here .

(Did I mention I know PHP? )

Just some random ideas for your domain:
    -Anime review site
    -Streamload forum/request site (Streamload.com) (Streamload is replacing Bittorrent, for a way to get anime quickly)
    -Learn "anime" Japanese (Most people don't realize it, but the Japanese used in Anime, is a bit different from day-to-day Japanese) -- Hm.... Actually... If you don't do this, I think I will (I had been playing with this idea for some time now, but never had the motivation to do it)
    -Japanese practice forum/site - ^^ same as above, but just for practicing - its hard to find someone to practice Japanese with, in small towns and online (Unless you like ICQ - after AOL bought it, that is) maybe a voice chat client or two on the site, plus a forum.

Originally posted by Deposeni

-Streamload forum/request site (Streamload.com) (Streamload is replacing Bittorrent, for a way to get anime quickly)
    That comment is kinda off because Bittorrent is still free and Streamload has been around far longer than BT.

As for what should be done for AnimeBeta? How about a fansub group with site?

Deposeni, you PM'd me so we'll talk there.

Stealth Zero, what's a fansub? I haven't worked with online anime in a year and a half, so I'm rusty!

Fansub = an episode of any show, anime, etc. that was originally in another language, then translated by fans with subtitles.

Originally posted by Deposeni
    Fansub = an episode of any show, anime, etc. that was originally in another language, then translated by fans with subtitles.
    Is it legal?

As long as the anime isn't licensed in that country (I.e. fansubs == english, it can't be licensed in america or england)