frozen hosting = no good?

i told one of my clients a couple days ago to sign up for a small account under frozen, took him 2 days to setup, now that we got the package, the hosting has been down 3 times in the past day and a 1/2. The only reason i told my client to signup under him was because he got good feedback on this board..any comments? anyone using frozen that hasnt had any of these problems?
      0 Not allowed!

Re: frozen hosting = no good?

Originally posted by es Mike
    The only reason i told my client to signup under him was because he got good feedback on this board..any comments? anyone using frozen that hasnt had any of these problems?
    Im curious to know if you went by feedback on this board alone and nothing else?
    Ive seen the name here on the boards recently but Im not familiar with them at all.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999
      0 Not allowed!

Have you contacted their support and asked for clarifications?
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com
      0 Not allowed!

lol i tried, when i talked to the guy about signing up, he said he's available all the time, the past 3 days he's been AFK on aim all day long, doesnt come online until 9PM. he said that their was a problem that only people with "top admin access" could fix, kinda wierd that this happened 3 times now, never heard of a problem like this in all of my years on the net.
      0 Not allowed!

Frozen Web Hosting took less than 2 days to setup your account, we will only start to setup the account after we receive payment. All of our accounts are setup within 24 hours of receiving payment. There have been problems with our Dallas server in which we must require the datacenter to address. But ServerMatrix has only been doing as little as they possible can to address the issues with our Dallas server.

We're working as hard as we possibly can to re-stabilize it again, and get the datacenter to pick up the pace on response.

I do not attend AIM during the day, you should visit our website if you wish to speak to a live rep during the hours 12PM to 6PM.

The problems we are having now with our Dallas server have not happened in the past and will not continue in the future. All web hosts experience rare occurence problems such as these. Please bear with us on this issue.

Please view other peoples comments on WHT as an exmaple of the quality of service we have and will provide our clients.
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.
      0 Not allowed!

The server is back up online again, and we believe we have it stablized. Thank you for your patience.
      0 Not allowed!

Have you contacted the company?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by markjut
    Have you contacted the company?
    Mark,

The guy that own the company posted above where you did.

Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Hmmm I dont like Frozon already, just from postings here and the other thread. A brand new user signed up and started new topics, and first post is a review in big favor of frozen! I dont know about you but I smell something.

If the guy has time to post and check this board, and being away all day long AFK, what does that say about customer service?

Personally, I'd wait a while before I recommend a company to a client. One thing I go by is at least BBB, and few years around.

Just my 2c.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,
    If you're suggesting that we planted fake reviews for our company, I think you're sadly mistaken. FWH would never lower itself to that level of conduct. As for the problems we've been having over the last 24 hours (even less) they've been resolved down, abusive users suspended and booted.

Those were the first few hours of downtime we've had in a long time. I could almost say the same thing about people making harsh criticisms about FWH after only being signed up for less than a week. You can hardly judge the quality of service a host will provide in a few days time as the people here have been.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by digiwind
    Hmmm I dont like Frozon already, just from postings here and the other thread. A brand new user signed up and started new topics, and first post is a review in big favor of frozen! I dont know about you but I smell something.

If the guy has time to post and check this board, and being away all day long AFK, what does that say about customer service?

Personally, I'd wait a while before I recommend a company to a client. One thing I go by is at least BBB, and few years around.

Just my 2c.
    Hehe, you are a new user too , just like me.

I recently subscribed to Frozenhosting. They did have about 2 or 3 downtime between 4/25-4/26 and drop the uptime below 99.9 for the month. Speaking from my experience, the account activation took less than 24 hours, tickets were answered in less than 8 hours, and I have seen Elliot post very professionally. I am still researching the Hosting Business so downtime does not affect me at the moment. I will continue to observe Frozenhosting reliability/performance and hope to be able to continue with them.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for your understanding, I can officially (hope this won't come back to bite me) that the problems we were having with abusive users and rogue PHP processes has been resolved.

To gurantee that this won't happen again with such consequences, if any server of ours redlines or a process fails, our techs will receive an emergency pager and get to work on it right away.
      0 Not allowed!

I myself am using frozen web hosting as my reseller and I get top notch service. I get above excellent speeds, outstanding support when I need it, excellent services, and even friendly attitudes. I've previously been with 3 companies for reseller accounts before FWH, and none of them gave me what FWH does. Thank you ebradsha for your outstanding services and continuing great support.

P.S. All servers go down sometimes, be happy that FWH wasn't down for a whole day but merely an hour or 2. Thats why it's 99.9% uptime, not 100%....
    ::Ne0-Net::
    cheap prices, outstanding service, guaranteed
    www.ne0-net.com
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Because it is the best...
    ::Ne0-Net::
    cheap prices, outstanding service, guaranteed
    www.ne0-net.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ebradsha
    ... I could almost say the same thing about people making harsh criticisms about FWH after only being signed up for less than a week. You can hardly judge the quality of service a host will provide in a few days time as the people here have been.

Yes, it's true, and that's why I don't think anybody has done as you described. If you are referring to the thread about "Frozen Hosting down?" http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=252600 , note that nobody criticised you at all. We merely wondered what happened, and wondered what one ought to be expecting for the weeks to come. What evidence would new clients have to fall back on as prove of FWH's good service? If we were "harsh" critiques, we would have already closed our accounts and demanded for a refund. The fact that nobody moved (I assume) shows that we've given you our vote of confidence. Do what you want, but if I were in your position I would just graciously accept that downtime has been detected (within the first 29 days of the Dallas server coming online), and stop making excuses and appearing very defensive. That only further erodes your professionalism. You said that one week is too short for us to judge your services, in the same light, 29 days is too short to claim, as you did, that you provide great service (at least on that server). My $0.02.

Edited to add: in fact, on the other thread, we overtly expressed our continued faith in FWH; but do we have the right to be "unhappy campers"? Well, consider this. You sell reseller packs... packs meant to be resold. If I had done some reselling within the first week of my purchase from you, and my client gets back to me on day 3 saying that his sites are down, how can I explain it? I had just moved him from RemedyHosting to FWH, and he took the trouble to transfer all his files, then the new server fails. Well? If you were me, how would you have felt/reacted? As a top level reseller (I assume), you have to have an unquestionable understanding of your responsibilities.
    Last edited by drmaximus; 03-27-2004 at 12:26 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

For one, I have waited more than 24 hours after payment and still haven't gotten any e-mails, or notification of other nature....

Am thinking of switching if it isn't sorted out really soon.
    New site: www.talkutas.com
      0 Not allowed!

Frozen Hosting down since the past at least 6 hours. Even their own website is down as well as all of mine... what's going on?
      0 Not allowed!

I run KCTalk.com - and my site is hosted with them.

I will say, stability and support have been great for the past month I have been with them. They are one of the best we have been with.

Currently though, our site is down, and so is thiers. No response on ICQ (although explained above) and no other way to contact them. If anyone has other contact information for them, please let me know.... I have a couple radio stations down my throat right now because of the outage that started around 7am our time (currently 11:30am).
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe you guys should host somewhere where there is a full staff.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by drmaximus
    Frozen Hosting down since the past at least 6 hours. Even their own website is down as well as all of mine... what's going on?
    Inaccurate assesment of the downtime again, as when you made the post, the websites had only been down for approximately half that. Sites are up again and we'll post publicly on our forums as to the cause of it.

We currently have 4 staff members to handle the servers round the clock, but our nightshift wasn't starting until tomorrow. :-/ Great timing.
    Last edited by Shaw Networks; 04-16-2004 at 02:40 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ebradsha
    Inaccurate assesment of the downtime again, as when you made the post, the websites had only been down for approximately half that. Sites are up again and we'll post publicly on our forums as to the cause of it.
    Well I received an email at 0756hrs EST from one of my clients that his sites were down, and he's usually not the first to email me about such stuff, so my estimate would not be too far off. As one of your clients and not a hosting competitor, I would not see a need to badmouth your services.
      0 Not allowed!

Alright, just wanted to post that since we were still receiving responses, e-mails, etc. from the server at around 5AM PST according to our logs.
      0 Not allowed!

okie here r the logs for FWH

04/16/04 11:50 No reply 15 minutes
    04/16/04 10:43 No reply 16 minutes
    04/16/04 09:53 No reply 15 minutes
    04/16/04 06:50 No reply 19 minutes
    03/29/04 20:23 Timeout 15 minutes
    03/27/04 15:13 No reply 15 minutes
    03/26/04 11:35 No reply 1 hour, 13 minutes
    03/26/04 00:56 Timeout 15 minutes
    03/25/04 19:40 No reply 3 hours, 0 minutes
    03/19/04 23:41 No reply 38 minutes

Uptime 95-97%
      0 Not allowed!

Add that up, the uptime is 99.2% if that was all in month but, if you keep the months seperated, it's at 99.5% and higher.

The Dallas server is just one server we're running other servers as well above the 99.9% mark

To drop down to 95% uptime we would have had to been down for nearly two days straight which has just NOT been the case.
    Last edited by Shaw Networks; 04-16-2004 at 04:16 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

That is around 7 hours of downtime in last 27 days...i dont know how they come up with the percentage value, so i cant varify that but i think it is something like 7hrs*100*100/(24hrs*30days).

i think it is better to give benifit of doubt to ebradsha as sometime crap just happens, but than machines r not tht powerful either, specially running more than 200 sites on celeron 1.7 and 2.0/2.4 machines is an overkill, but than again one deserves wut one pays for.
    if u r getting 10GB space + 50-100GB BW in $20 than u shud not be complaining. Either go for quality or quantity, or quality in quantity if u want the best, but tht cost some better bucks.
      0 Not allowed!

The server is not a 1.7Ghz Celeron, and not that many sites are running on it either. We've purchased 3.0Ghz P4's with HT, 1GB DDR RAM, and don't shortchange our clients with crappy overloaded servers.

The days before you started monitoring were also up 100% uptime would still be above 99.5% per month.
      0 Not allowed!

I was use to had shared hosting account under one of your resellers.

You have three servers in total.
    1)Kansas: I believe it is Celeron 1.7 Ghz, hosting around 86-100 accounts.

2)Dallas: It is i think Celeron 2.4 Ghz, hosting around 165-170 accounts.

3)the one you are mentioning above with "3.0Ghz P4's with HT, 1GB DDR RAM" mind to add 2*120 GB HD on it, you just got this server i think either yesterday or a day before that only, it is not even completely hardened yet.

I quit your reseller like a month or so ago, but my server monitoring is still monitoring the IPs of the server and thats how i got the details of downtime above.

BTW i am not saying you are doing anything wrong or bad, and i have no intention to shortchange your clients either, i just want you to be little truthful about your server hardware and all the overselling you do.

have a nice day pal!
      0 Not allowed!

btw your dallas server is hardly 2 months or so old, and before that you had your cheep server hosted at NOCSTER/BURST, it was the time when i was really pissed on your servers, but i sticked wit you guys but finally quit once you had 3-4 hour downtime continuously in month of march.
      0 Not allowed!

Bummer, we've been averaging over 99.9% uptime over all our servers now :-/

Found some datacenters that work and stuck with them.

Wholesale Internet and ServerMatrix, I strongly reccomend them both.
      0 Not allowed!

1) I was replying to this part in which you were saying you dont have 1.7 Ghz celeron server n blah blah blah.

The server is not a 1.7Ghz Celeron, and not that many sites are running on it either. We've purchased 3.0Ghz P4's with HT, 1GB DDR RAM, and don't shortchange our clients with crappy overloaded servers.
    2) We all know that servermatrix has 99.9% SLA, and your Celeron 2.4Ghz is at servermatrix, but is it not true that you have this server hardly for 2 months and in which you have 7 hours of downtime in last 27 days itself, i dont have data before that as i deleted by mistake but there was downtime in that period itself also.

3)Before two months, your server was at NOCSTER/BURST, can you deny that? can you also deny that it was going down constantly, and when it went down for 2-3 days straight, thats the time you made the switch to servermatrix.

4) Are you still denying that you dont have 3 servers in total, kansas which is few months old (CELERON 1.7GHz with almost 100 accounts), Dallas which is hardly 2 months old with 7 hours of downtime in last 27 days (CELERON 2.4 Ghz with almost 175 accounts), and the new machine you bought a day before yesterday (or was it yesterday) which is yet to have CPanel installed by DC peepz.

5) Do you deny that you dont oversell your poor celeron machines?
    Be honest atleast!
    Last edited by pansoft; 04-16-2004 at 05:40 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

1. The server in question was not a Celeron 1.7Ghz, and it does not run hundreds of websites that you claim.

2. We've had 7 hours of downtime in the last 50 days of that server which puts it at 99.5% uptime on that server alone, our other servers would bring the average to above 99.9%

3. Burst/Nocster were problems that were out of our control but it was NOT down for 3 days straight.

4. The Celeron's no longer have the accounts you're referring to, many have been switched to our P4 3.0Ghz, 1GB DDR RAM, servers that we purchased. Half of the accounts were inactive on the server, so your reference to 100 and 175 are inaccurate and false. The server loads on both servers have been under control and have NOT caused problems. Only one customer in the history of our company has caused CPU overload problems and they were dealt with swiftly.

5. It would be a lie for any company to say they don't oversell their servers. We use a strict 10-15% overselling rate. Your average customer only uses 50% or so of their resources which leaves the server fine.

We would appreciate if you would cease with the flaming and posting of false information about Frozen Web Hosting.
    Last edited by Shaw Networks; 04-16-2004 at 06:32 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Intel celerron 1.7 86 websites

Intel celerron 2.4 164 websites

I am not flamming at all or posting any false information, can you deny anything i have said above.

Regarding your point about overselling and all those fake 10-15% numbers..:
    I would like some senior members opinion about your hosting plans which are on average: $2/month for 1GB diskspace+10GB Bandwidth (averaging ur $20-$22/month plan in which u offer 10GB space + 100GB BW.)

Can anyone do the math here for these numbers:

$2/month per GB diskspace + 10GB bw for two servers (intel celeron 1.7 GHz with 60GB total space & intel celeron 2.4 GHz with 80GB total diskspace).

And also note that, on two servers they have four people as he mentioned for support, so how much is the cut for each one of them from 2 poorly maintained celeron machines?

Or should i spill the beans and tell the truth that it is only 1 or 2 person show who are using multiple handles on forums to give a wrong idea that they are big company or something.

And this 1 or 2 person are school going kids, thats y there is no 24-7 support which they claim to be.

BTW is FWH is even a registered company, INC or LLC in your state on your name (what ever is your name).

Final point, dont fell on these BIG SPACE & BANDWIDTH GIMMICKS...go with the good hosts only, few to mention are acunett, hostnexus, and as in other post someone mentioned sultanhost etc
      0 Not allowed!

Ok I believe that is enough lies for one post. For the record, our business is licensed in the State of Washington and we have 4 support employees including myself that cover our servers nearly 24/7.

I hope a mod will intervene, as this is obviously getting out of hand.
      0 Not allowed!

Why what happened? Cant face the truth anymore?

BTW why a school going kid from pennsylvania state will have his small two celeron server company registered in state of Washington? Why there is no address, phone #, or name of the company (i.e. FWH LLC/Inc etc) on FWH site.

I think someone just got exposed for fooling around people using multiple handles from multiple locations with help of AIM buddies LOL (you see diff IPs so mods here wont find out that it is all 1 man show).
      0 Not allowed!

Well it seems pansoft has moved on to another host. Any other support issues can be addressed at www.frozenhosting.com/forum/
      0 Not allowed!