looking for web design job

hi, i live in the UK, im 18 leaving college this year. im a pretty good web designer, ive made a few sites but still yet to put them online, im experienced with photoshop and frontpage, and a little bit with flash, id like to know how i can start looking for a job or if there are any jobs going, any help will be greatly appreciated

My advice to you my fellow brit

Before looking for a sturdy job in WebDesign, do yourself a favour and get your qualifications in it - The pay will be much better and it will be easier to find a job with a suitable firm

Unless you live down south, ie - London, Southampton and so on, web design jobs will be hard to find.

Do yourself a big favour, invest in a domain, a hosting account and setup a portfolio, even if you're making sites and not selling them, you have a better chance with material than without.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Yes they both are right.. you sure do need a portfolio!

4 Degrees, no.

You're totally wrong. Some of the biggest development companies hail north.

Leeds, anyone?
    *bump* There goes another host.

Originally posted by Floyd
    4 Degrees, no.

You're totally wrong. Some of the biggest development companies hail north.

Leeds, anyone?
    I am not from England but I think what 4 Degrees was trying to say is that it is hard to get a job because the area is so saturated with web designers. And even if there are big firms, I highly doubt they would hire someone just into the profession.

I didn't say the companies didn't exist, I am saying it's very hard to get a job up here, I know, took me months. There are so many design companies up here that I didn't know about, I'm surprised there's any clients left to get.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Floyd - I'm in Leeds

I'm Halifax based, just down the road from Leeds. Don't have any qualifications in web design, just 5 years of personal experience. I am relying on a personal web design company which, lets face it, has not succeeded as of yet. Anyone got any tips for joining a more professional company where I can guarantee I will receive some money? I am experience with HTML, CSS, Photoshop, Fireworks, Flash, PHP