Question Need a new Host and advice

Hi people I am new to this forum and i need all the help i can get. I am having a bit of trouble with my host, his tech support is done at his own convinience so i decided to change.
    So i am looking forr a new managed dedicated server host that is good, reliable with a solid uptime.

But my secondary concern is what are the things i need to do to prepare for my move, cause i host about 29 sites and mail for about 300 users across a multiple domains.

I want my migration to be smooth as possible. So i am interested in any suggestions or advice.

PM me if you like and perhaps i can help you.
    eXeGaming : Professional Gaming Organization

This is my first post, so i can't PM

You should have some CP, don't you?

Hi bukkyo,

There are several good fully managed companies out there. I would personally recommend Servint, because I have been there for over a year, and have experienced first-hand what great support, network, and service Servint provides.

I just upgraded from a vps to a dedicated at Servint and had to move over 160 domains over to it. I went from cpanel to directadmin so I did it by hand.

Once you get the dedicated setup, then start working on getting the domains and files on there. You can test them by ip to make sure they are working properly before changing the nameserver records at the registrar. It should be a smooth transition.

Good luck

Yes i would love a CP but you still haven't answered my question or enquiry

do you have a control panel already? WHM/cpanel makes moving sites fairly easy... otherwise it may be quite a task
    Joe
    www.DollarWebHosting.Biz
    |:| Shared |:| Reseller |:| Dedicated |:|

You can try m3server.com. There tech support is great and they are willing to help people with their server moves.

Jimmer, of your 7 posts, 5 of them have been advertising for m3server.com. If you're a happy customer of theirs, write a review.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Were can I send a review to? I saw another post about new recomendations as it seems the same hosts are always recommended here.

If I didn't know better jimmer I would have though you were the owner of m3server.com.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.

Originally posted by the-host-axe
    If I didn't know better jimmer I would have though you were the owner of m3server.com.

I wish but I think I had better watch my posts as I wan't to learn more about hosting and not get booted

have a great day!

I am new to web hosting, so what I did to solve a similar situation may not be the best or correct way.

1. I transferred my DNS server first. I set it up like my old one and had it route traffic to my old server. I did this so when I was ready to transfer a domain it would be very qick and if a site had a problem on the new server, I could route traffic back to the old server until it was resolved.

2. Setup new server similar to old server, copied a lot of my old config files from old server to new server.

3. copied web folder where all my domains were stored to the new server in similar directory structure.

This worked for me, hope it helps

HI
    you could go with a reseller account with those 29 sites. Go with idologic.com, they are great and move istes for you flawlessly.

ronin8600, that sounds like a good way. Could you archive it using a tarball? Would it keep the structure and permissions intact? I did something simular moving a script with a domain before but I don't exactly remember what I did.

Yes, the tar will keep the same directory structure. I had a "/www directory" that i tarballed and it kept the same structure, I do not remember about the permissions, but I had to set the owner of each domain manually.

I would suggest you go with ServINT heard alot of really good things about their managed servers.