Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Registrars that are blocking countries

Does anyone knows the list of registrars that block countries, the registrars that don't, and the list of countries being blocked?
    I am from Egypt with some names registered with Powerpipe. I cannot log onto powepipe.com to renew my acounts, and when I emailed them I was told that they've blocked my area and I should transfer my accounts to a new registrar
    Bassi

I was told by eNom that if you can sign-up on for a free account through their site, or through a Registry Rocket/PDQ site then you are good to go. This does not apply to API connections.

I have no idea how you check for GD. I'm sure there are many registrars that will serve your country the question is for how much?

Re: Registrars that are blocking countries

I was told that they've blocked my area and I should transfer my accounts to a new registrar
    could they not simply whitelist your IP ?

afaiui enom and opensrs are *not* applying any restrictions based on country at this time, so signing up for a reseller a/c through them or one of their partners, and moving your domains should solve the issue.

dodaddy have shut certain countries and ip ranges off from their systems due to high rates of fraud, you'd need to ask them if egypt is included, certainly areas of asia are blocked
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

I had a customer two days ago try and create an account from Malaysia and eNom blocked it. from what my customer told me the error page did state that the IP was blocked.

you could email most registrars, i think some registrars have so many blocks from middle east and far east countries.

and you can't say which does and which doesn't block, because inthe future there might be an abuse from your country and it will be blocked
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

saveral domain registry block country for security reason. They reject credit card payment, the problem sometimes they didnot give any other payment option beside credit card and paypal. sometimes you will have problem to renew your domain on that registry.

if your customer have problem with enom, do this method.

1. ask your customer to use open proxy.
    2. make sure that your customer not make any fraud activity on that new proxy.
    3. only login from that proxy.

What I do not understaned why not just limit the ability to PURCHASE names NOT manage. I am assuming the fraud is due to credit card fraud. Why do they need to block the site just block the CC processing not the entire site
    Domain Maven

I think the problem joining eNom is on the payment part, when you are using CC, they detect which IP country you are from. I'm from Malaysia too. My only problem is refilling my account by using CC. Others is working fine.

You can pay by check in that event this would be a work around for this issue
    Domain Maven

Exclamation

The problem is that I cannot even log on to Powerpipe.com or manage my domains and they asked me to find another registrar. Here is their reply when I asked about the problem:
    "PowerPipe.com appreciates your business, however due to constant and severe fraud we have had to block out IP addresses coming from your area. Please transfer your domains to another registrar at your earliest convenience. We will not be able to take any further registrations/renewals from your IP address".

Bassi

ask them to open the registrar lock and transfer them away from powerpipe
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Don't go for godaddy or wiildwest domains becuase they Blocked you too you may go to enom ( try first to open a free acount at them if you could then it should be ok ) also you may try ev1servres.net but beter to send them an email first ..
    also you you may send an email to http://www.webnic.cc/ it's an ICANN registrar in your country ask them about a list of thier partners and then chose what you like and tranfer your domains to . our you may partner with them

"PowerPipe.com appreciates your business, however due to constant and severe fraud we have had to block out IP addresses coming from your area. Please transfer your domains to another registrar at your earliest convenience. We will not be able to take any further registrations/renewals from your IP address".
    no decent company is *deliberately* giong to turn away repeat quality buniess, i'm sure if you have a fixed IP they'll whitelist it so you can access the systems.

failing that if you ned assistance for someone in an unbanned country getting in and unlocking the domains, contact me I might be able to help.

get yourself a replacement a/c with someone first to make sure where you're going *to* is ok, if you have a deicated server somwhere, have you tried connecting into that and then out again ?
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Malaysians can access access.ENom.com
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com

no decent company is *deliberately* giong to turn away repeat quality buniess, i'm sure if you have a fixed IP they'll whitelist it so you can access the systems.
    Thats not true.

If the rate of fraud from a particualr country makes doing business there no longer worthwhile we block the entire countries IP range from our systems.
    Its not a question of whether we are "decent", but if we had continued accepting fraudulent orders from these countries we woul dhave been out of business a long time ago.
    In some cases we are talking about thousnds of dollars worth of orders per hour.
    Even if we caught them and stopped the orders being processed the refund charges were more than we were making!!!!!!!!!!!

Whitelisting is not an option.

1. Its much too complicated to manage.
    2. How do you know you can trust the person in the first place?
    3. People use dynamic IP's or change IP and youwill ned up with that IP being used by someone else who you might not trust.

Gordon
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

Someone suggest me to try anonymous proxy or proxy server in other countries, do you think this will work?

I finally transferred my accounts to Registerfly, and every thing is now OK.
    I would like to thank all who shared their notions about this matter
    Bassi

Good to hear!
    Domain Maven

alternatives

you may want to try alternative european registrars (not sure if they block or not ip):
    ovh.com, bookmyname.com, gandi.net, namebay.com, nordnet.net, joker.com, dd24.net, ddn.fr, , neodomaine.com etc etc.
    (personaly I have tried the 3 first ones, the 7 first ones are icann)
    Hope this enlarges your horizons

I am sure fraud is a universal issue. Probably the EU registrars also block like their US counterparts
    Domain Maven

Originally posted by dmaven
    You can pay by check in that event this would be a work around for this issue
    enom as far i know can not accept check, wire transfer or western union. They only accept paypal and credit card payment.

Originally posted by msa2000
    Someone suggest me to try anonymous proxy or proxy server in other countries, do you think this will work?
    i heard from some people it was working just fine
    try megaproxy.com or anonymizer.com

enom as far i know can not accept check, wire transfer or western union. They only accept paypal and credit card payment.
    incorrect, enom can accept *online* credit-card and paypal payments subject to a 3% processing fee

and offline payments of US Check/Money Order, Wire Transfer (SWIFT payment from international customers)

fro W.U. my understanding is you can get them to print a check and send it to enom (ala WU bidpay service) , so effectively its the same as a check.

Godday also blocked access for Romania I can access opensrs and manage some other domaisn I have there.I accesssed godaddy through a proxy and is working fiin, But I would like not to use a proxy

Registerfly.com also blocks countries (not like GD by banning IPs but by forbidding payments). I tried to move my domains from GoDaddy to them but:
    1) I had to send my id & credit card scanned copies - did that;
    2) Wait for their responses (extremly long, usually more than 24h) - did that;
    3) Wait for their approvals (24h or more) for every new payment even is made with the same credit card - unacceptable.

They seem to have a low security system by keeping my login information in cookies more than required and keeping my credit card details in a DB (a seriuos merchant does not).

I'm still looking for an acceptable offer for romanian users (prices < 15$ per year for a domain name registration, privacy protection for < 5$ per year, solid & serious business not like Godaddy)...

PS: danyprundus, are you sure that accesing your account by an unknown proxy is safe?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast